a realistic logout /anti-lamer system...

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Rexilium

a realistic logout /anti-lamer system...

Post by Rexilium » 14 Oct 2014, 09:33

hi!

i love the Hardcore realism of Life is feudal, and i must say only one thing....KEEP ON GOING IN THIS DIRECTION!

so, we have a little problem (two, with the teleporting prayers)...
the vanishig guys (the logout!).
this guys SOMETIME use this trick to hide in house and near a fence, waiting the right moment to sneak in or jump from the sky to break in a usually impenetrable area....

we can try to fight this scoundrels with a bit of malice...

when the player logs out in a claimed (claimed by someone else ofcourse) area an object will be created, shaped as a sleeping guy, with one only interaction possible: LIFT OBJECT....

so, the guy becam a heavy object (who works as personal login respawn) only trasportable outside the area (if someone find the sleeper) with a lot of fatigue ^_^ (to prevent an intercontinental awakening)

log of in a free area may works as usual...*puff*

Tymefor

Re: a realistic logout /anti-lamer system...

Post by Tymefor » 15 Oct 2014, 01:58

Rexilium wrote:hi!

i love the Hardcore realism of Life is feudal, and i must say only one thing....KEEP ON GOING IN THIS DIRECTION!

so, we have a little problem (two, with the teleporting prayers)...
the vanishig guys (the logout!).
this guys SOMETIME use this trick to hide in house and near a fence, waiting the right moment to sneak in or jump from the sky to break in a usually impenetrable area....

we can try to fight this scoundrels with a bit of malice...

when the player logs out in a claimed (claimed by someone else ofcourse) area an object will be created, shaped as a sleeping guy, with one only interaction possible: LIFT OBJECT....

so, the guy becam a heavy object (who works as personal login respawn) only trasportable outside the area (if someone find the sleeper) with a lot of fatigue ^_^ (to prevent an intercontinental awakening)

log of in a free area may works as usual...*puff*

using logout to move to inaccesable areas, is just something that can be addressed by not allowed movement while falling or, better yet, login a same x,y,z that you logged out

Im hoping the jail/arresting idea you have will be implemented. This cannot be player control however. WAY to much griefing potential. I imagine it being tied to the alignment system. Upon knockout for a certain lower level alignment, victor can send the perp to jail in central city (ie they respawn there and have to trek home). Extremely low alignment chars could be arrested by an interaction alone, whenever the perp is on claimed land.

The whole system would have the policing character receive a bounty :)

Also great if it worked the opposite way aswell allowing Low alignment player to Ransom or Sell Into Slavery a very high level alignment player.

amazing reason to raid a cathedral kekekekek

Return to Suggestions and Ideas