About Blueprints and Carts + animals + crops + cooking + forestry

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Sharana
Beta Tester

Re: About Blueprints and Carts + animals + crops + cooking + forestry

Post by Sharana » 29 Mar 2017, 23:38

Fhoer wrote: Tier 3 armor use regional resources, this resources are harder to produce, so they are more scarce, lets use a bit of praxiology and catalaxy to analise the situation

I finished the last test run with 2 tier 3 armor sets and over 120 regional iron ingots from all regions pretty much in my collection (main smith). I won't make armor for everyone if the MMO opens with such change, but I can definitely gear army of 50 with tier 3 armors. These 120+ regional iron ingots took 2 weeks (the 2nd rest run was 2 weeks) and 3 miners.
Regional iron is hard to get for noobs who stack the iron, drop it on the ground or just don't mine much.

On the topic of farmers ... if it's boring for someone they are doing something very wrong. Farmers are one of the most overworked professions on the MMO atm, how can that be boring...
If you plant small fields that can give 1 set of armor for everyone in a small group of 4-5 players yeah it might be boring. But farming is also 150 points from 400 skillcap (up 600 for PvE toons). It's not like smiths of builders who are (usually) all in for example.

Fhoer
Zealous Believer

Post by Fhoer » 30 Mar 2017, 02:20

I'm a builder and played as smith, it is boring to grind... hahahah

the fertilizer system shoudn't use flux as basis, should use just the catalysts and drop by blueprint, so it is one specific catalyst and more stuff...
the idea is to have 3 fertilizers, dung, organic and mineral, so you can use them to get a fertilizing boost in the fields, the game would stay the same for people who just use dung.

I'm basing in NPK fertilizers, Nitrogen is fixed in the soil by some crops or even dead crops, dung just adds carbon, if i'm not wrong... Phosphorus and Potassium if found in rocks, specific rocks, so instead creating a new rock in the game, you just make it using the catalyst...

as it is a game and in the time people didn't knew about that, that is why i proposed Blueprints...
Fhoer BlackOak

Founder of Black Sun.
Private Property, Individualism and decentralized power of decision are our fundation.

Nymity
Zealous Believer

Post by Nymity » 31 Mar 2017, 04:19

Blueprints:

What about adding a timer to the blueprints?

So ...

1. Practice your craft to learn how to make Tier 3
2. Collect the region specific and quality materials to make it.
3. Blueprint goes on timer for ... 1 in-game month(?) while you recover from making the masterwork. (Edit: Perhaps the regions could change on each use, or the materials, or both?)

That way, once you eventually practice the Tier 3 enough to recieve a Tier 4 blueprint. The materials and the waiting time are both more elaborate.

Bear in mind .. that any crafter that can put in more hours than another, is going to gain access to these items faster. There is NO fix for that, nor should there be. This is just a tempering of the process.

Farming:

I like farming as it currently is in the MMO ... The process can be somewhat, but not overwhelmingly, mysterious. I also like the extended growing period ... it encourages more than 1 super max field, planting at different times, so that I always have some farming to do, but it doesn't take over my whole play time.

Might be nice if different types of crops had different grow times though, or perhaps, different growth tick conditions, just to add variety.

Cooking:

Who wouldn't want this skill to be accessible a bit sooner. Perhaps remove Advanced Farming ... add access to a mix of lower cooking and brewing skills ... then branch off into the full Brewing or Cooking lines?

Forestry:

My only complaint with forestry is that the levels ... and access to new types of trees ... seems so spread out.

If you could get access to spruce and birch at 0, move pine to 30 with aspen, maybe?

(**Edited to add idea of changing materials for Tier 3 and 4 blueprints between uses)
Patience Gadabout
(of the sisters Gadabout: Patience, Atsuko and Jax)

Joshua_Goldberg

Post by Joshua_Goldberg » 31 Mar 2017, 05:44

I agree with alot of OP but I think there still should be a bit of randomness, like just because your a Master you can still make a blemished Item, but also the same you can make maybe a super better item super rarely.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas