About the localization [English - Spanish]

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Kraehtot

About the localization [English - Spanish]

Post by Kraehtot » 06 Sep 2015, 17:47

[English]:

Hello everyone!

I've been watching and following this game for a long time now. I liked where it was going and it really looked promising. Why am I talking in past tense, then?: I feel fooled and outraged.

I'm both a gamer and a student. A Translation and Interpreting student. What I felt when I read about the localization update can't be said politely, so I better won't. It's insulting for both YOU and the localization professionals that the developers said that this project is too big to be understood by those who's job is to localize, translate and be all day long surrounded by words. I assure you, I'm just a student but I'm more than skilled when it comes to translate a game like this, and yet we've been told that professionals can't?

The problem is money. I'm almost sure they didn't think translating their game would be as expensive as it is. I would have understood if they had been sincere and said they couldn't afford a professional translation and asked for help, but shamelessly lying to those who have already given money to help your project to keep going forward so they work free for you, it's one of the most disrespectul things I've seen in the gamer community. It looks like they even made a competition out of it between languages so they can have their game translated quickly. If a bunch of fans could completely translate it into French in about 6 days... isn't it funny that they claim that an efficient localization team isn't able to do the same?

Now, what has been done, cannot be undone. I just thought the fair thing for you gamers and people who has helped this project to know the truth.

Regards

P.S: Their game is so "big" it cannot be localized by professionals? I wonder how The Witcher III managed to be translated then xDD I feel sad for those who have been fooled. It's nothing bad to translate something for free willingly, as long as you have not been tricked to do it.

[Spanish]:

¡Muy buenas a todos!:

Life is Feudal es un juego que me llamó bastante la atención cuando lo descubrí. De hecho, lo he estado siguiendo intermitentemente desde entonces y el juego parecía prometer. ¿Que por qué lo digo en pasado? Porque siento que los desarrolladores le han jugado una jugarreta terrible a sus jugadores y a la gente que lleva apoyando este proyecto (tanto testeándolo como ayudando económicamente): Hace no mucho que anunciaron que «su proyecto era tan grande que los profesionales de la traducción no podían entender su magnitud y realizar su labor debidamente», así que pedían a los fans que hicieran ese trabajo. Gratis, por supuesto. Me parece insultante tanto para los profesionales de la traducción, como para vosotros, los que formáis la comunidad. Y hablo sabiendo lo que digo, ya que soy estudiante de Traducción e Interpretación y la traducción de este juego es lo suficientemente simple para que yo pudiera traducirlo.

¿Cuál es el problema entonces? El dinero. Contratar a localizadores no es gratis, así que os engañan diciendo que los profesionales no son capaces (insultándolos ya de paso, porque dicen que no son pueden hacer su trabajo) y os piden que hagáis vosotros el trabajo. Habría entendido que hubiesen anunciado que, aunque querían poder traducir su juego, el precio de la localización se salía de su presupuesto y que pedían el favor a los jugadores. Hacer lo que han hecho me parece mezquino, sin ir más lejos.

Sin embargo lo hecho, hecho está. Sólo he creído conveniente avisaros del engaño. No creo que tenga nada de malo que alguien quiera ayudar en la traducción de algo que le gusta sin cobrar, siempre y cuando no le hayan engañado para ello. No voy a deciros que dejéis de colaborar con este juego, pero yo, por lo pronto, no voy a comprar el juego en estas condiciones. Con este curso de acción han dejado sin trabajo a gente que vive de ello, los han llamado inútiles y han engañado a sus seguidores. Para un juego que se vende anticipadamente (lo que significa testers que PAGAN por hacer ese trabajo), tendría sentido que invirtieran ese dinero en CALIDAD para el producto.

Saludos

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: About the localization [English - Spanish]

Post by Khan- » 07 Sep 2015, 08:03

it wasn't planned to give localizations... 'cause too expensive.

here, they pay too... fans give their translations, a lot, and a professional have to approve them... if not accurate enough, the professional has to write a proper one string.... then, he's doing his professional job, as he's paid to...
and... that french translation was done in 6 days, but the translator has to change a lot of string that were done quick by people using google translator... so, still a hard work for a professional translator :sorry:

(dev team paid the website to propose their translation... it's not a free website, if your problem was the possibility that you won't be paid because of your job :Bravo: )
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to General Discussion