Add slave options

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Ratboy

Add slave options

Post by Ratboy » 23 Sep 2014, 12:11

I feel that it is necessary to include slaving options. If I become well off I would like to have the option to take an expedition crew and go into unmarked ingenious lands and conquer the people that inhabit the land put them in cages and bring them back to my kingdom to sell or trade them off. People could buy them from me and use these slaves to work the farm or even buy a whole bunch and have gladiator fights

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Add slave options

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 12:31

This is "Life is Feudal", not "Life is Colonial" :P

Apep

Post by Apep » 23 Sep 2014, 13:22

If not slaves, it would be nice to have some serfs or peasants for yourself (since Life is Feudal) who could do the most basic of works on the fields. An option to call in settlers to the continent, for a lot of money - maybe they must be protected from enemies during sieges and raids?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 14:21

Sure... but that would be players, not NPCs

Tolfdir

Post by Tolfdir » 23 Sep 2014, 14:33

All this please add NPCs as workers does not even fit with the games concept.
It just seems like you don't want to do the work by yourself..

Apep

Post by Apep » 23 Sep 2014, 14:37

Actually, I love agricultural work and buildings, supply gatherings myself, but I thought it'd be a bit silly to see knights and warriors doing the "lowly jobs" : :D

Tolfdir

Post by Tolfdir » 23 Sep 2014, 15:27

Maybe some communities roleplay knights and supply them so they can focus on fighting skills.. At least it's usefull to let some of your people focus on combat early on for it takes quite a while to get good at it. They might later drill the others to a militia..

Tolfdir

Post by Tolfdir » 23 Sep 2014, 15:28

Or you just get some new player and tell him:
You can stay here and we'll protect you, but we need you to do blah..

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 16:02

While I wouldn't necessarily be against NPCs for YO (as long as they don't find their way into the MMO) I don't think devs should worry about that especially as the work tends to be quite complex.

I think you will find enough people who are willing to to the hard labor while you can be their feudal lord.

Just found a guild with that goal.

Valdeepl
Alpha Tester

Post by Valdeepl » 23 Sep 2014, 16:10

Actualy Slaves comes from Slavs, Slavians. Vikings were raiding todays east Poland, Ukraine and Russia, to kidnap and sell people to Byzantine Empire traders... Not sure what it has to do with colonial age.

It was a tradition, to spare the life of a yelding opponent, in exchange, he was a rab, worker, for the life. He was allowed to take wife and have kids, both were free. Many times they were given the freedom back. That how it was in Slavic countries, not sure about your "civilised" Roman empire

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 23 Sep 2014, 16:31

Valdeepl wrote:Actualy Slaves comes from Slavs, Slavians. Vikings were raiding todays east Poland, Ukraine and Russia, to kidnap and sell people to Byzantine Empire traders... Not sure what it has to do with colonial age.

Well, Romans were colonizing as well.

In European feudal era (from 11th century onwards) slave trade wasn't so much of a thing as the church was strictly against it.

Valdeepl
Alpha Tester

Post by Valdeepl » 23 Sep 2014, 18:06

Siegbert wrote:
Valdeepl wrote:Actualy Slaves comes from Slavs, Slavians. Vikings were raiding todays east Poland, Ukraine and Russia, to kidnap and sell people to Byzantine Empire traders... Not sure what it has to do with colonial age.

Well, Romans were colonizing as well.

In European feudal era (from 11th century onwards) slave trade wasn't so much of a thing as the church was strictly against it.

In general, they think about introducing labourers, but you were asking about players, right? What if someone yelds, gets in custody and he, his king or family/friends has to pay ransom?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas