Add Stealth

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Longshank

Add Stealth

Post by Longshank » 23 Sep 2014, 15:04

The topic's name says it all. I imagine it would be pretty fun to have elements of stealth in LiF. With stealth, players may have the option to become assassins or something of sorts who can be hired by leaders of factions to take out their rivals discreetly. What do you guys think? :D

Dods

Re: Add Stealth

Post by Dods » 23 Sep 2014, 20:55

I think stealth is an excellent idea. However, this is an excellent idea if and only if the system is balanced.

KilonKasio

Post by KilonKasio » 23 Sep 2014, 23:10

Hell i think a simply crouch position would be fair enough. Maybe as far as stealth goes, add certain cloths and equipment that is quieter than say like metal plates and swords.

Having the ability to crouch would be great though, could hide easier.

Ragtimer

Post by Ragtimer » 24 Sep 2014, 19:30

Stealthy clothes + stealthy stance / crouch (or the like) --> but those should be light or no armor at all and metal armors should be easy spotable.
that would make it fun without putting vanishing /invisibility skills into the game.

Longshank

Post by Longshank » 25 Sep 2014, 16:59

Ragtimer wrote:Stealthy clothes + stealthy stance / crouch (or the like) --> but those should be light or no armor at all and metal armors should be easy spotable.
that would make it fun without putting vanishing /invisibility skills into the game.

That's true. We should not have invisibility skill but the dev should have something to do with the lighting mechanism in the game, u know, like to make it actually harder to be spotted in the dark. Plus, the dev should have a look in wider range of clothing so there will be choices to camoflague yourself.

Scroll_Tro0L

Post by Scroll_Tro0L » 25 Sep 2014, 17:18

In my experience, immersion-friendly stealth is difficult to pull off while there is a third-person camera. That's not to say that some crouch and clothing options to reduce vision and sound shouldn't be added to help players to be less obvious than they would otherwise be.
ImageImage

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 Sep 2014, 17:18

Absolutely against this idea. I've played stealthy characters in other games, but in a full loot game this does not work. Everyone would have it (except new players), and everyone would have to train the counter skill.

The entire design of LIF is to simulate life in a feudal society. If this was 'Life is Ninja" then stealth would have it's place. ;)
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Dods

Post by Dods » 26 Sep 2014, 17:26

Azzerhoden wrote:Absolutely against this idea. I've played stealthy characters in other games, but in a full loot game this does not work. Everyone would have it (except new players), and everyone would have to train the counter skill.

The entire design of LIF is to simulate life in a feudal society. If this was 'Life is Ninja" then stealth would have it's place. ;)

You quote reality ... But people can sneak up on people in real life.

You quote other games which have stealth and how it doesn't work in full loot... You make it so that skills require a heavy investment just to be a viable stealth player.

Also, the combat system is meant to have counter balances. Pretty hard to sneak up on a guy in full plate riding a horse. Pretty sure a guy on a horse can ride down a guy on foot trying to slink away.

As I said, if the system is well thought out then anything can work. But, you have to have people to have perspective from every angle, then figure out the coding. It isn't like he is suggesting a backstabbing skill from stealth.

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 26 Sep 2014, 17:36

Actually I could accept this type play style, so long as all you get it special clothing that dampens sound a bit. Sure people sneak up on others IRL, via being quiet. That's it.

Chimera

Post by Chimera » 26 Sep 2014, 18:20

Azzerhoden wrote:Absolutely against this idea. I've played stealthy characters in other games, but in a full loot game this does not work. Everyone would have it (except new players), and everyone would have to train the counter skill.

Would have to agree. I love stealth games, and assassins are always my favorite class. But in games with open world pvp, it turns into a must have. The world is filled mostly with rougelike characters all trying to stay invisible.

Ragtimer

Post by Ragtimer » 26 Sep 2014, 19:51

Chimera wrote:Would have to agree. I love stealth games, and assassins are always my favorite class. But in games with open world pvp, it turns into a must have. The world is filled mostly with rougelike characters all trying to stay invisible.

Don't forget that we are talking about having stealthy clothes not active invisibility skills. Not many will try to be a rogue since you are always risk dying because you don't have armor and work alone.
I also think it should be like a leaf/grass-like colored camouflage that looks similar to environment but only if you don't move.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas