Adjust animal and crop lifespans to accomadate player lives

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

JenniferFTW

Adjust animal and crop lifespans to accomadate player lives

Post by JenniferFTW » 27 Sep 2014, 17:27

Hi there. Currently, rabbits and chickens in game die in about 12 hours and crops will wither shortly after growing, which, on the server I play on is in about 4-6 hours. For anyone who has to go to work, go to school, take care of children, etc. this makes farming and the raising of animals largely impossible to do.

I would suggest that crops should remain alive and be ready to harvest after growing for at lest 48 hours. I think that small animals should survive for at least a week, preferably two. This is to account for the time between when a player can play the game and when they need to return to other things in their lives.

The following is my reasoning for these times. If a player plants crops while playing one evening after work or school, they should be able to return the next day and reap the rewards, I.E., harvest. If something happens and they can't harvest the day after, the plants should still be there the next day when the player can log on. As for animals, first, they need to be able to be bred faster than they expire of old age. Second, the same condition for farming applies where someone might catch some animals on one day and want to reap the benefits a day or two later. Further, with animals, they are "always on". Unlike with crops that can be converted to items in your inventory on harvest, they are always active once in the coop. Extending the lifespan of small animals to two weeks would account for people going on a brief vacation, having a particularly busy week at work, or simply wanting a break from the game.

I think that this is a good suggestion that could potentially make the game more playable. Poop is a necessary part of training a level 2 skill and is needed for fertilizing. If the game requires us to play for 12 hours to get poop before our animals die, people just won't do it. And the same goes for scheduling to be on for a while 4-6 hours after being on to sow crops.

I think that these are good suggestions that would improve the game a lot. This would better allow players to play when they are free rather than having to "make time" to play the game.

GioEpyon

Re: Adjust animal and crop lifespans to accomadate player li

Post by GioEpyon » 27 Sep 2014, 17:35

i think it is a good idea and a necessity for the game. otherwise there will be very few people farming and will be a problem later on. however, i think it should be implemented a realistic system in these features. i don't mean that a cow should breed a calf every year but the more you take care of plants and animals, the faster the breed or the best quality items they "drop". Of course, even in the feudal age, a rabbit wouln't die after a few hours without food or water... the same with crops.

TristramGreen

Post by TristramGreen » 27 Sep 2014, 17:37

I completely support this notion.

I was confused to see my rabbits and chickens dead after I woke up the next day, mostly because the server they were on went down that night until the following evening. Chickens survive at least 6 years at a time and rabbits for at least 10 in reality, they don't die within a single week or less.

Also, I planted about 50 wheat and waited for it to grow, but had to fall asleep and then do chores in the morning. When I re-logged, all of it wilted and died. It was a waste of seeds.

Chassit

Post by Chassit » 28 Sep 2014, 14:54

I also agree with this option, although I think 24 hours should be a sufficient time frame.

**EDIT** The reason I say 24 hours is the other side of the issue in that I don't want to wait 2 days before I can do something new, but as someone who works 12 hour shifts, it would be nice if I could plant a crop after work one day and then harvest it after worjk the next.
SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!!!

Your_eviltwin

Post by Your_eviltwin » 01 Oct 2014, 10:09

This is very well put, and i to have to agree on all of this.
I my self can only play one week days as i have a life away from my computer on weekends.

Another thing that bothers me is the claim duration of property. i can build a house but go away for a weekend and have it claimed by some one else.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas