Alchemy Bag & 62 Herb Sprites Needed

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
DichBach

Alchemy Bag & 62 Herb Sprites Needed

Post by DichBach » 23 Oct 2014, 14:29

I have two suggestions to ease the hellish agony of herbalism at 1x skill progression:

1. An "Alchemists Bag" and

2. A distinct sprite for every herb once you have successfully gathered it.

I believe these two changes, can make herbalism and alchemy far more tolerable without fundamentally changing the current game dynamics.

The alchemist bag will include a grid of 62 cells (one for each herb). The herbs will be arranged in alphabetical order from top left to bottom right. Each cell will have an image of the herb and an info text when you hover over it. The info text will initially be blank (before you discover any of the effects of the herb).

After you discver an effect, it will be shown when you hover over it. When you drop herbs into the bag, they will automatically plop into their cell and a tally of herbs in the cell will populate.

Once you have multiple preparations discovered, you can select a couple of "Sort by" options: A. Alphabetical. B. Sort by preparation type, maybe one or two other options.

Once you have successfully discovered a particular herb, it should automatically appear as a distinct sprite on the landscape any time you do a search for herb and it is present in your range. It is absurd that even a high level herbalist must collect every herb and cannot tell until after completing collection what it is they are collecting.

Any of you who say herbalism doesn't need fixing, tell us if you are playing on a 1x server please. If so, then explain to us how representative your views are.

At 1x skill progression modifier, many of the skill trees are major grinds. As a tangential side example: y farmer toon has his Animal Lore to about 50, and grinding up to be able to advance Procuration beyond 29.99. I've got 5 coops ~80% full of hares and chickens. I get about 0.15 skill points per actions (cleaning and harvesting). I've gained about 4 points in the last 12 hours.

Farming at 98, and I'm getting 0.0037 per action . . . These example aside:

Herbalism is actually not so bad at the lower levels. Currently at 21 and getting 0.85 per successful action, but I'm sure that will get worse as I get higher.

Jaxomadar

Re: Alchemy Bag & 62 Herb Sprites Needed

Post by Jaxomadar » 23 Oct 2014, 18:45

The alchemy bag sounds interesting it has potential. Remember though that there will eventually be a reason for different quality of the herbs, so you don't want them to all stack per se. I made a spread sheet and keep a bag in my house that is arranged in order.

As I harvest I will later go in and drop the new finds into the bag, stacking the ones I want.

DichBach

Post by DichBach » 23 Oct 2014, 20:28

That is a good point about the stacking . . . argh.

Maybe I just wasn't meant to be an alchemists. What a slog to sort through multiple stacks of 62 different postage stamp icons . . .

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 24 Oct 2014, 06:14

Jaxomadar wrote:The alchemy bag sounds interesting it has potential. Remember though that there will eventually be a reason for different quality of the herbs, so you don't want them to all stack per se.

That.

I love the idea, but wouldn't work for quality focused herbalists.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Eve

Post by Eve » 12 Nov 2014, 13:15

DichBach wrote:The alchemist bag will include a grid of 62 cells (one for each herb).

Just wanted to point out that there are 66 herbs...

But I would love an auto-sorting bag for herbs, but by herb and quality.

DichBach

Post by DichBach » 12 Nov 2014, 17:20

In is an excellent point! :D

Return to Feedback Section