Alignment Structure

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

MikataSama

Alignment Structure

Post by MikataSama » 23 Oct 2014, 15:48

I don't know if there is something already in the work for this or not:

Since it is so slow to rebuild your alignment by praying, it would be neat if churches or cathedrals were buildings that could be made. It could maybe be set up to where when you pray inside one of these structures, you gain slightly more alignment?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Alignment Structure

Post by Siegbert » 23 Oct 2014, 17:07

I don't think it's that slow. You can effectively pray 3x a day and earn 3-4 alignment points this way. I'm doing this for quite some time. I'm at 34 now.

Alignment mustn't lose its punitive nature.

But I gotta agree... praying at a church should give you a boost as opposed to praying by yourself which you can do at any time with no costs at all attached to it.

MikataSama

Post by MikataSama » 23 Oct 2014, 17:14

Siegbert wrote:I don't think it's that slow. You can effectively pray 3x a day and earn 3-4 alignment points this way. I'm doing this for quite some time. I'm at 34 now.

Alignment mustn't lose its punitive nature.

But I gotta agree... praying at a church should give you a boost as opposed to praying by yourself which you can do at any time with no costs at all attached to it.

For sure, you don't want alignment to become trivial.

Perhaps instead of an increase of one, you could get an increase of 1.25 in certain structures, or up to 2 in larger ones. That gives players incentive to take the time to build larger alignment structures. That also keeps players from having a huge alignment boost of say 10 just because of where they prayed. A criminal who has -35 alignment will still have some work to do.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 23 Oct 2014, 22:46

I think I read something about High piety chars being able to "bless" you. Cardinal and Pope Level. I prefer that an increase to alignment gets left in player hands rather than tied to structures. More immersive play, you would have to convince the player that you are deserving of the boost to alignment!! They could also charge for "indulgences" which would be very "life is feudal"!!!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas