Amazing idea to enhance PVE

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Amazing idea to enhance PVE

Post by Jezbelle » 15 May 2014, 00:50

Let me start off by saying I have just discovered this game and it is everything I ever wanted in an MMO.

I am not a huge fan of PVE, but I think this is an easy way to expand it immensely and make it very exciting, without losing the non-instanced, player-driven feel of the game.

IDEA:
The current edges of the game map... delete them! Expand the walkable territory by about double all along the permitter. This new land is completely unexplored and uncharted, and does not show on the map. We have made no settlements there, because fiercer, primitive native tribesmen and and exiled outlaws control these territories... and they've controlled them since antiquity. No one in their sane mind would want to walk into these lawless wilds. The NPCs there tear through even the most decorated knights, often traveling in large groups. But hey, you might find a loner too; maybe the dishonorable Black Knight, guarding his bridge. Either way, a player MUST travel in a group of his own to stand a chance against the inhabitants there, and even then, the odds are not in your favor. NPC's become even harder the further you go in.

So why would anyone want to explore these lands? You guessed it. Treasure.

Randomly spawning chests full of treasure and relics are scattered throughout these hard lands, increasing in value the farther you get from civilization. One may spawn in the secret coffers of a tribe's vault, one on a fully manned pirate ship, another in a booby trapped cave. They are hard to find, and nearly impossible to fight your way to, but they provide players some of the best loot in the game. That is, if you can fight your way BACK to civilization!

I believe that in this way you guys can provide an innovative explorative-PVE experience where players still must group together to defeat harder NPCs, obtaining valuable rewards at high risk, which is consistent with the PVP design as well. All on a scale too. The further you go, the better loot you get, the better the NPCs get, higher your chance is to get lost and find your way back.

Some players may bicker. Some don't want to go any further, they're afraid of losing their gear! Some pay no heed and adventure further anyway. If a couple group members die or get cocky and split off, well, my prayers go out to their families.

IN ADDITION, this idea adds a realistic aspect of medieval land exploration, which has never been prevalent in MMOs before.

I hope you guys like it!

ps. These nomadic tribesmen could even venture out of the safety of the wilds occasionally to lay siege to player settlements that they believe are in contested territory.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: Amazing idea to enhance PVE

Post by Telakh » 15 May 2014, 05:26

I guess you have missed the game idea completely :D It is a pvp MMO with ehnchanced kingdom/guild wars, terraforming and politics.
No gold farming, no supid bosses, no crippled classes for group figting.
You can group together to defear tough player groups, build castles, start wars for resources, make politics ;)
And you can play skyrim for PvE.
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 15 May 2014, 06:12

I guess you have missed the game idea completely

Oh please!

First of all, this game is not advertised as a PVP MMO, even though I understand that it is one of its most prominent features.

My proposal, while ambitious, does NOT detract from what this game "is about". In no way whatsoever.

It ONLY adds to it. (if you read it all, you'd know).

It does not involve gold farming or farming of any kind. This content would be EXTREMELY difficult, dangerous, and random. The untamed wilderness also adds an element of exploration to the game

This would only help to attract players to the game that want to have an alternative way of finding good loot/or that just like PVE (WHICH IS A LOT OF PLAYERS!!). This could be a major draw for people that would never otherwise pick the game up.

To so hastily discredit this idea is very narrow-minded of you.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 May 2014, 07:54

First of all, this game will have no NPCs. Absolutely. Fighting against NPSs is completely different from fighting a player opponents, especialy in squad vs squad case, and that is one of the main reasons. No matter how good AI is, you will get used to it an so it will become a gold farming.
This world is big enough to explore and player opponents provide much more interesting and unexpected gameplay than any silly mobs.
Suggesting NPCs and mobs after this topic has been answered quite a few times is rather narrow-minded ;)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 15 May 2014, 09:19

Jezbelle wrote:First of all, this game is not advertised as a PVP MMO, even though I understand that it is one of its most prominent features.

But it is... sandbox pvp

The only PVE content planned are wild animals to give you something to hunt.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 15 May 2014, 09:20

Well I read this today when looking at the website for the first time:

"Life is Feudal virtual online worlds prioritise PvP, but this doesn’t mean there is no PvE at all. PvE generally features as fighting natives, inhabitants of the continent your people have colonized."

If this is no longer the case, let me know. My suggestion is no different than what I read was already being implemented.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 15 May 2014, 09:27

I'm not so sure about those natives. This point hasn't been stressed too much by the devs, so quite possibly it won't even happen.

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 15 May 2014, 09:55

Siegbert wrote:I'm not so sure about those natives. This point hasn't been stressed too much by the devs, so quite possibly it won't even happen.

Maybe you're right... but maybe you're not? This seems to be a touchy issue (ie. Telakh), and should be sorted out. Either way, it WOULD be protocol to insert them in the final stages of development, not early on.

If it's not yet decided upon, as you suggest, I would put my vote in favor of the NPCs... this will add immensely to the realism. Although I agree with Telakh in the sense that one shouldn't be able to grind them for loot.

My idea is similar to this. My more "elite" NPCs in the wilds would not drop anything special. In fact, it is better to avoid them than fight them. BUT, if you can get past them, you might just be rewarded.

Ramaraunt

Post by Ramaraunt » 15 May 2014, 11:14

Natives are planned, but not ready yet for implementation. So yes, there wil be some pve fighting like that. It will be more for grinding up your skills than making a profit.

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Post by Telakh » 15 May 2014, 11:18

If I am not mistaken, so-called natives are goblin-like creatures that will randomly spawn in tunnels just to scare away the miners. Animals can hardly be called NPCs or opponents since they spawn only for hunting/taming purposes, as it was said above.

This game does not provide "hunt for loot" experience (well, unless you have your own gang), because of gameplay features that will cause most of the players to concentrate on crafting, terraforming and construction. PVP makes sence only in guild wars and after you have a good stronghold constructed.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 15 May 2014, 13:07

Considering some animals can rip your head off hunting could prove interesting.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 May 2014, 19:58

I just had to chime in on this discussion. Firstly, to the OP, not a bad idea, not sure how it would work in this game as I don't know much about it yet, but im sure parts of it if not all could work. However, to Telakh and Siegbert I caution you on your shooting down an idea like this. Either state how this could fit in, or support an idea, but to speak as if you don't want it, or spout out like its not in cause dev's said its not in, is horrible. This is the suggestion section I believe. PvE and Crafting make up A games Economy and the Economy the most important aspect of any PVP oriented Sandbox MMO. Take a look at history.

-Grimfest

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 23 May 2014, 20:32

Grimfest wrote:I just had to chime in on this discussion. Firstly, to the OP, not a bad idea, not sure how it would work in this game as I don't know much about it yet, but im sure parts of it if not all could work. However, to Telakh and Siegbert I caution you on your shooting down an idea like this. Either state how this could fit in, or support an idea, but to speak as if you don't want it, or spout out like its not in cause dev's said its not in, is horrible. This is the suggestion section I believe. PvE and Crafting make up A games Economy and the Economy the most important aspect of any PVP oriented Sandbox MMO. Take a look at history.

-Grimfest

Thanks. But I wrote this when I was not as familiar with the game as I am now. Since then I have come around to their side hehe. I am no longer in favor of NPCs, as I understand how they have become a detriment to games similar to this one.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 May 2014, 20:52

I wasn't siding with you or them. I was condemning their method of discrediting your idea rather then offering a solution.. First of all. your idea of uncharted map areas is interesting and doable. As one of the moderators has stated, animals that can rip your face off or however he said it. Plus as they might have spoke on it, however, during medieval times, people did believe in creatures such as dragons. They SHOULD be in the game. It is a FACT that people of the middle ages believed in such beasts. If the game Dev's want to capture realism then they would be there. As for NPC human's sure I can see why they wouldn't put them in. There isn't a need for it. They are putting us in the game as Humans.

http://www.scientiareview.org/pdfs/23.pdf
(is some some info middle ages regarding their myths and other things)

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 23 May 2014, 20:57

Grimfest wrote:Plus as they might have spoke on it, however, during medieval times, people did believe in creatures such as dragons. They SHOULD be in the game. It is a FACT that people of the middle ages believed in such beasts. If the game Dev's want to capture realism then they would be there.

Well, technically, because dragons only 'existed' in lore at the time, it would actually be 'unrealistic' to implement them as living NPCs if that is what you are suggesting. But I never even made mention of mythical creatures in the OP.

Grimfest

Post by Grimfest » 23 May 2014, 21:34

Sort of, It is myth and lore to us "Now". Just like modern day religions. Take Jesus as an example, people(Christians) believe he exists however thousands of years from now, maybe hundreds he will just be a myth just like all the other gods and religions/beliefs. or lets take big foot, or the loch ness monster, real? fake? bottom line, to many of the people of that time period they are real and if we are going to live in the medieval times (in game) then they are very real. Hope that helps to compare realism to unrealism its a matter of "belief" and back then they believed in these creatures. If you lived back then, who knows, maybe your great grand father slayed a dragon or some other "beast" or maybe your cousin's friend saw him get eaten by one?

Added » 23 May 2014, 23:41

I know. I brought beasts and creatures up. I was going off of your uncharted map idea, that I LIKED. NOT your NPC Human idea. I was taking your flawed idea and improving it as well as supporting MY idea that fit with YOUR idea. my posts are to further suggest things to the developers not to you, unless you have some powers of getting "suggestions" in the game.

you can however argue that your uncharted map idea was not a good one if you'd like, but that's about all that is needed of you at this point.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas