Animal balance?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Guryon

Animal balance?

Post by Guryon » 28 Sep 2014, 07:16

I just picked up the game today and so far I'm enjoying it. However I had one thing happened that broke the spell for me.

The game seems to be going for a semi realistic medieval which is fantastic. But on my first hunting trip I fought with a moose and a wolf.

The moose took two hits from my sling to kill. The wolf took 6-8 and still didn't die.

A wolf can not take more physical punishment than a moose. Generally the bigger the animal, the more injury is required to kill or disable it. Compared to the moose, this wolf appears to have been about as tough as an elephant. Which is obviously quite ridiculous.

As an aside, the pop-up messages that kept appearing in the middle of the screen during combat and switching my mouse mode were incredibly frustrating.

And while I am feeding back, fighting with the sling was painful. I had no idea when I was able to sling my next stone. I'd click and nothing would happen and next time I'd click and it would start to wind up and then stop. At the very least, if the delay was related to reloading (as I assume) then there needs to be something that indicates when I am reloaded and ready to fire.

The game is looking really promising. Keep up the great work devs!!

GrimmLiberty

Re: Animal balance?

Post by GrimmLiberty » 28 Sep 2014, 10:49

I would say you came across a wounded moose... it happens... you will also find dead ones laying about because of the wolves...

A "fresh" moose takes about 13-15 hits and a 'fresh' wolf takes about 7-9 hits. I tested this all day yesterday, lol

Guryon

Re: Animal balance?

Post by Guryon » 28 Sep 2014, 18:22

Oh wow, well that is actually really cool then! :)

Return to Feedback Section