Animal tracking, how to?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Shu

Animal tracking, how to?

Post by Shu » 29 Sep 2014, 14:47

Hi guys,

simple question really: How does animal tracking work?

I tried the obvious by simply following the tracks that appear up to the point where (or when) they vanish, and track again, follow, track again, aaaand so on and on.
All it got me was spending an hour running across the island, often even in circles, and no animals were to be seen.

My server has animals set to 100, so at least I should have encountered one even by chance, even if I hadn't tracked. But I got none at all.

Sub-question: How does tracking work from a technical POV? Has the tracking ability a random chance of either spawning tracks to somewhere, or spawn an animal? Or is it supposed to actually lead you to already existing animals? (What happens when all animals are gone? Close the server for good?)

But the more important thing is the first: Why didn't I get to an animal at all using tracking? (Skill is above 90 iirc.)

Jeorg
Alpha Tester

Re: Animal tracking, how to?

Post by Jeorg » 29 Sep 2014, 17:32

Interesting.
Usually the tracking does not lead 'right to' an animal, but to where you can find some.
Also odd that you had no random find of one.
I started using tracking simply as a way to put my snares down, I don't know if it really matters even though, but I actually always have a full snare when I do.

As far as animals return.
Never 'seen it' yet as an issue, but I do believe they regenerate over time, much like trees, but of course trees are not quick to do so.

Maybe you need a restart on your world for your animals to pop?

Return to Newcomer Section