Animal Trap!!

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Fuuz

Animal Trap!!

Post by Fuuz » 23 Sep 2014, 10:23

Im very new to this sort of game, so i thought id come to the forums to ask question, well as from the subject you can tell i need help building an animal trap as my goal is to become the best hunstman in the game. building a snare was easy and my hunting lvl is over 30 but i still have no idea how to make an Animal Trap.

Please help :D

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Re: Animal Trap!!

Post by Deantwo » 23 Sep 2014, 10:32

Animal Traps are made by a blacksmith.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Fuuz

Post by Fuuz » 23 Sep 2014, 10:40

thank you, and also what sort of animals will i be catching with them, and what are other good skills to lvl with a hunter

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 23 Sep 2014, 10:47

Fuuz wrote:thank you, and also what sort of animals will i be catching with them, and what are other good skills to lvl with a hunter

Farming maybe so you can cook and tend to the animals.

Check the wiki's domestic animal catagory.

- Shores of Hazeron

Fuuz

Post by Fuuz » 23 Sep 2014, 11:04

I had checked the wiki but hardly any information is givin if any at all :(

but thank you for your help. further question will be asked later :L

Nightcloak
Alpha Tester

Post by Nightcloak » 23 Sep 2014, 11:39

Animal traps look like bear traps and are made with the forging skill
I dont think they catch anything for now, altough i might just be unlucky

Fuuz

Post by Fuuz » 23 Sep 2014, 12:10

ahhh ohkay, thats fine if they dont catch anything, just while the games alpha i really wanna get to know it 100% so thank you.

Noodleguitar

Post by Noodleguitar » 23 Sep 2014, 12:11

Nightcloak wrote:Animal traps look like bear traps and are made with the forging skill

I think you might be right. Somebody made me 3 animal traps and I put them on the tracks I found using "track strong animal". Two of them have been on the ground for over 24 hours (real time), but they're not inside the forest.

I have also tried to follow one of the tracked paths. After a very long walk, and re-tracking when the tracks faded, I stumbled onto a wolf eating a moose and there was another moose nearby. I couldn't do anything because as I got close the wolf turned around and came after me and I'm not manly enough to deal with that :D.

Maybe if you put down a trap close to where the animals actually are it might work.

Fuuz

Post by Fuuz » 23 Sep 2014, 12:13

Any tips or hints towards anything will be greatly appreciated :)

Noodleguitar

Post by Noodleguitar » 23 Sep 2014, 12:35

Fuuz wrote:Any tips or hints towards anything will be greatly appreciated :)

Tip 1: Make sure no wolf follows you into your village if you don't have weapons :shock:. Before we managed to lure it away it knocked us unconscious about 10 times and I had a fracture for ~3 hours.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 23 Sep 2014, 14:09

Noodleguitar wrote:
Nightcloak wrote:Animal traps look like bear traps and are made with the forging skill

I think you might be right. Somebody made me 3 animal traps and I put them on the tracks I found using "track strong animal". Two of them have been on the ground for over 24 hours (real time), but they're not inside the forest.

I have also tried to follow one of the tracked paths. After a very long walk, and re-tracking when the tracks faded, I stumbled onto a wolf eating a moose and there was another moose nearby. I couldn't do anything because as I got close the wolf turned around and came after me and I'm not manly enough to deal with that :D.

Maybe if you put down a trap close to where the animals actually are it might work.

The tracks have nothing to do with the traps. The tracks just point you to the nearest moose/wolf.

Could be Animal Traps don't work, no one has reported that they work at least.

- Shores of Hazeron

Jaybob32

Post by Jaybob32 » 23 Sep 2014, 14:19

I've had traps out for 48hrs now. I have yet to catch anything. I don't think they are implemented. Now snares that's another story. Plenty of chickens and hares to be caught.

I have traps out on and at the end of large animal tracks, near moose and in the forest and in fields. None of these have gone off. If there is something I'm missing I have no idea.

Sunnyravencourt

Post by Sunnyravencourt » 23 Sep 2014, 16:56

I'm definitely getting the impression that there isn't anything to catch in those traps yet. I'm yet to see or hear of ANYONE catching a large animal.

Fuuz

Post by Fuuz » 24 Sep 2014, 02:27

jesus!, screw that.

i once killed a wolf that was just bugged near the water well, i was in the water deep enough to still be able to slash and it didnt come in with me so i was able to kill it, though it did take me about 100 slashes with my little prim knife. :x

Ehloh

Post by Ehloh » 23 Dec 2014, 02:00

So do the traps catch anything yet? I know the snares do. I'm just curious I have some set up around the area's and so far nothing but I haven't found any info relating to them beyond this point. So I know how to make and use them, just... Not what they catch of if they catch anything currently

Krivak

Post by Krivak » 28 Dec 2014, 10:02

I didnt have any luck with traps too. i put 12 around lake and after 2 days (real life) all are still empty. So i guess they don`t work yet.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 28 Dec 2014, 10:33

The snares work properly.

An animal trap though is an active trap. It requires the animal to physically travel over the trap. The trap then slows the animal down for a length of time and by a certain percentage based off the quality of the trap and, I would guess, the skill of the hunter placing it.

So a player would place several traps down. Then Agro an aggressive animal, and lure it onto the trap. The trap would activate and slow the speed of the animal. At which time other players could then begin shooting the animals with slings, crossbows, or bows. They could then either kite the animal to more traps or trade agro from the first player and kite the animal that way to keep away from the animals attacks.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Molqurie

Post by Molqurie » 30 Dec 2014, 00:21

Tried to take on a wolf it killed me i respawned the next time i played and the thing was standing on my grave i want my clothes back :D

Return to General Discussion