Animations: less is more

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Animations: less is more

Post by Jezbelle » 14 Sep 2014, 08:25

Some animations are over the top, when a more subtle animation or no animation at all would be much less distracting and look so much better!

For instance...

1) The gather herb/plant fiber animation. It looks like the character is punching an unconscious body! Gathering plants is a gentle, soothing action! The character should bend over and gently move their hands.

2) Putting on/taking off equipment. The current animation looks like the character is doing the "Macarena" dance. There is no good way to do this animation, because each piece of armor would really need its own animation to make it look realistic. I say NO animation for this.

3) The praying/recall animation. It's just a silly looking animation. It would be better to have NO animation here. Maybe a simple light touch of the hands.

Getherer
Alpha Tester

Re: Animations: less is more

Post by Getherer » 15 Sep 2014, 13:46

I agree about the first two, looking rather silly, especially gathering, But prays look fine to me.
"I was born original; thy shall not die a copy"

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: Animations: less is more

Post by Siegbert » 15 Sep 2014, 15:37

I think walking and sprinting as well as combat animations could all need a little rework but I'm sure they're getting at this at some point, maybe even in beta.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas