Anyone Else Put Any Thought into Building Combat Stadiums?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Eldurian

Anyone Else Put Any Thought into Building Combat Stadiums?

Post by Eldurian » 31 Mar 2016, 17:59

So I was wondering if anyone else had put much consideration into the idea of a combat stadium. What kind of designs they may have used and perhaps screenshots?

I was thinking I might terraform a central area where combat can take place surrounded by tiered terraforming with benches in each raised section.

I know traditional combat arenas tend to be circular but then again the traditional arenas I have pictured in my head are Roman style while I'd like to go for a more barbaric or medieval style. Also a true circle seems impossible to pull off well in this game.

The square style arena I have in mind seems overly basic and frankly ugly when I picture it in my head though. So before I break ground on the project I'd like to look at or hear ideas from other's who have worked on similar projects.

About the only thought I've had so far on spicing it up is having an area where the terraforming is a bit more dramatic (goes straight to elevation 2 above combat area while regular stands go up .5 or so per tier of benches) and then placing a pair of thrones on it. Think the boxes kings sit in at a jousting arena or the emperor's box in the coliseum.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: Anyone Else Put Any Thought into Building Combat Stadiums?

Post by Custodian » 31 Mar 2016, 18:16

Andius wrote:So I was wondering if anyone else had put much consideration into the idea of a combat stadium. What kind of designs they may have used and perhaps screenshots?

Search through the forum, there are plenty of them shared.

I like this one from Gardarika servers:

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 31 Mar 2016, 19:22

That looks seriously cool but I was thinking a simpler layout for the combat area with seating for spectators. Think a gladiatorial arena or jousting arena.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 31 Mar 2016, 22:40

Andius wrote:That looks seriously cool but I was thinking a simpler layout for the combat area with seating for spectators. Think a gladiatorial arena or jousting arena.

We've made simple jousting arena + small 1vs1/ 2vs2 arena as it was x1 server and we were only 2 :)

And of course what's arena without the trading place :)

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 01 Apr 2016, 15:05

Pretty simple but its actually one of the more visually pleasing arenas I've seen. It's got all the essentials and a little flair without being "too much" or "overdone" in any way.

Seeing that has me considering whether I really want a full blown arena or if I would prfer the kind of fair grounds feel your jousting area pulls off so well.

Return to General Discussion