AQServers.com | 1.0 Multi | PvP | Auto-restart | No Bullshit

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 29 Sep 2014, 23:24

Life is Feudal
REMINDER: this thread is not updated regularly to see the updated versions go to: http://www.aqservers.com/forums

About the server

Name: AQServers.com | 1.0 Multi | PvP | Auto-restart | No Bullshit

Quick connect: On the start menu of your game open the console and type startConnection("193.200.100.25:28000")

General Info: Server page
-Auto-restart script
-PvP Allowed
-Bans depending on infraction (http://www.aqservers.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2)
-Dedicated forums (http://www.aqservers.com/forums)
-Dedicated Teamspeak (aqservers.com:9998)
-Minimal Admin interference
-Regular DB backups

Settings:
IP: 193.200.100.25
Port: 28000
Animal Count: 100
Animal BF Period: 60
Crafting Period: 60
Day Cycle: 64
Skill Cap: 600
Skill/Stat multiplier: 1
Terraforming Speed: 4

Server tracker:

Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aqservers

Server community tools: http://www.aqservers.com

Why should I choose this server?

When we started playing LiF:YO we tried multiple servers. We tried official servers and we got a weak customer support and lack of tools not to mention huge down-times. We tried small party private servers and we found them flickering with biased admins and the possibility of shut down once interest was lost by the host. We tried big clan servers and found that in a 60 man limit environment a 30+ man clan just overwhelms the population without a challenging environment. So we decided to host our own.

Welcome to Life is Feudal's AQ hosted server where we aim to accommodate small scale pvp for small to medium sized groups in a challenging environment with advanced server and community tools. The focus of this server is a pvp ecosystem that en-globes all levels of content offered by this game, from trading to raiding we welcome all players to enjoy their stay on this server.

What can you expect from this server? Well, AQ has been hosting servers for years now having experience from multiple games including dayz mod, arma3, minecraft, unturned, chivalry, rust, etc. Since we have a dedicated server box our servers stay up until they are completely deserted even when we stop playing on them. We have an active community that can relay player needs to our admins and an easy way to get in touch with the admins to report hackers and exploiters. Our admins are professionals that will manage and maintain the server at full capacity and solve issues as soon as they appear.
We will also offer many community tools such as an interactive map, dedicated TS for the server, status page with detailed information, in the future a possibility for white-listing to prevent hackers and exploiters and much more.

Now it's time to start your adventure in this new world, who will you become?

The adventure starts in:
http://www.aqservers.com/
Last edited by Frontal on 13 Oct 2014, 17:46, edited 8 times in total.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Re: AQServers.com | 1.0 Multi | PvP | Auto-restart | No Bull

Post by Frontal » 29 Sep 2014, 23:25

Rules and Conduct

1. Any use of any hacks of any sort will result in a automatic permanent ban from all AQ servers and services.

2. Exploits have different weighs and such will be treated differently as shown by these examples:
-Logging out exploiting (such as to get to un-reachable places) results in a 1 day ban and 1 warning
-Building griefing for the sake of griefing will result in a 2 day ban and 2 warnings
-Other exploits not mentioned are evaluated and penalized based on their severity

3. Global chat is there for a reason. Do as you wish with it but extreme cases of harassment such as racism (I repeat only extreme cases) will result in 1 warning.

4. Any reports or anything that requires the attention of the admins (such as but not limited to bugged characters) needs to be done through our forums (http://www.aqservers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3).

5. To report cases of exploiting and/or hacking use the correct forums (http://www.aqservers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4).

6. Ban/kick/warning appeals need to be done through our forums (http://www.aqservers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5).

7. Once you reach 3 warnings you are permanently banned from all AQ servers and services.

EXPLOITS AND PUNISHMENTS

So, LiF:YO is still in early access and there's a lot of exploits going around and as such many people have asked "can I do this? can I do that?", well the answer is in these few rules.

1. Exploits that give you a pvp advantage (skill leveling, duping, bugging cool downs, etc) will not be tolerated, here are some examples of particular rules:
-Blacksmith's house (this building gives 100 quality to every item made in it, we can't regulate this so it'll be allowed)
-Macroing is allowed as long as no exploit is used to speed up the process.
-Crossbow reload bugging is not allowed, any proof of such will be punished (as of 07-10-2014)

2. Exploits that give you a resource advantage are not allowed, here are some examples of particular rules:
-Macroing is allowed as long as no exploit is used to speed up the process.

3. Exploits that give you a PvE advantage will not be allowed, here are some examples of particular rules:
-No exception

5. If you find an exploit or anything suspicious regarding this subject that is not included in this exception list, report it here.

Thanks for following the rules.

ATTENTION:
Some controversy has been going around about floating logs, so this is my final explanation of the issue:
THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. This will result in punishment.

THIS IS ALLOWED. Notice how there is no gaps between the ground and the logs or between the logs.
Last edited by Frontal on 12 Oct 2014, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 29 Sep 2014, 23:26

REMEMBER! SERVER STARTS ON THIS TIMER:
http://www.aqservers.com/
Last edited by Frontal on 29 Sep 2014, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

KingLapinou
Alpha Tester

Post by KingLapinou » 29 Sep 2014, 23:30

finally a server that seems legit, hosted by a well known and serious community, my clan will be there.

Plazek

Post by Plazek » 29 Sep 2014, 23:33

Cool I have been waiting for this since Alfie and Frontal said they might launch a server if the uptime didn't get any better on #32.

My mates and I shall be joining.

PS

FU Frenchie, you dirty ninja bastard.

Foskamink

Post by Foskamink » 30 Sep 2014, 01:35

These guys have always ran awesome servers, i look forward to play against you in LIF.

Kossako
Alpha Tester

Post by Kossako » 30 Sep 2014, 08:31

Will be glad to join. 32 is not only down but kinda deserted right now.

Looking for some party I could hang around.
Skills and crafting information: lif-database-application-t1494

Build your first home for newbies guide: first-house-guide-to-new-players-t1432

Sieni
Zealous Believer

Post by Sieni » 30 Sep 2014, 09:15

Cant blame anyone at this point for quitting 32 we are no longer testing the mmo version of the game and content on server being online "sometimes"

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 30 Sep 2014, 10:28

Glad to see some groups are joining us at launch. Hopefully even more come so we can start with a full server :D

Tutani

Post by Tutani » 30 Sep 2014, 13:10

Garlup and his Merry Men will be pillaging servers country side at the lauch, cant wait :)

Vaghis

Post by Vaghis » 30 Sep 2014, 13:41

Nice server Alfie/Frontal, can't wait to get out of 32... I'm gonna join on my own so if any group is recluting I'm avalaible ! :beer:

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 30 Sep 2014, 13:47

Almost there boys :D
AQ

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 30 Sep 2014, 14:29

Can't wait for the server to set on fire. Going to be glorious.
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

KuzenPower

Post by KuzenPower » 30 Sep 2014, 16:52

PvP server with x1 mult? Are you kidding? :fool: Pretty sure most PvPers would have negative aligment which means a huge statloss for them. Statting up again with x1 mult would be pain.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 30 Sep 2014, 17:31

Which makes pvp worth something. If i wanted an arena match with no drawbacks I'd play m&b instead.
AQ

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 30 Sep 2014, 17:42

KuzenPower wrote:PvP server with x1 mult? Are you kidding? :fool: Pretty sure most PvPers would have negative aligment which means a huge statloss for them. Statting up again with x1 mult would be pain.

That's the whole point. We want there to be a consequence especially to those that murder without thought.

The loss for those who primarily PvP isn't that much at all (11 - 6). You have to have some stones about you to play a real bandit (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Alignment)

This is the way we and many other people within this community like it (it's more similar to the MMO). Though that's the great thing about private servers friend; there's a huge variety of choice.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Systemkaos

Post by Systemkaos » 30 Sep 2014, 18:22

Might check this out if there are any groups looking for an extra guy to pick-up. :beer:

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 30 Sep 2014, 19:57

Systemkaos wrote:Might check this out if there are any groups looking for an extra guy to pick-up. :beer:

I believe there are a couple of groups which would be willing to pick you up. Hopefully one of them will see this.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Systemkaos

Post by Systemkaos » 30 Sep 2014, 20:30

Alfie wrote:
Systemkaos wrote:Might check this out if there are any groups looking for an extra guy to pick-up. :beer:

I believe there are a couple of groups which would be willing to pick you up. Hopefully one of them will see this.

Either way, my steam ID is my forum name.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 30 Sep 2014, 20:33

The only real way I can see you finding a group to join on the server is by logging in and asking in global, theres already a few groups settling on this server for the long run.
AQ

Systemkaos

Post by Systemkaos » 30 Sep 2014, 20:41

Frontal wrote:The only real way I can see you finding a group to join on the server is by logging in and asking in global, theres already a few groups settling on this server for the long run.

No reply, Will try again prime time EU

Kimpel

Post by Kimpel » 30 Sep 2014, 21:45

Yeah CAVE is moving in now and looking for both good fights and good friends.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 01 Oct 2014, 09:46

Kimpel wrote:Yeah CAVE is moving in now and looking for both good fights and good friends.

The more the merrier :D
AQ

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 01 Oct 2014, 15:05

And counting.

George_W_Bush

Post by George_W_Bush » 02 Oct 2014, 02:54

Is it possible for AQ to host a 5x or 10x server?

Your server was one of the better ones I played on, but I don't have the time to grind up my skills to even contribute to any groups.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 02 Oct 2014, 09:53

George_W_Bush wrote:Is it possible for AQ to host a 5x or 10x server?

Your server was one of the better ones I played on, but I don't have the time to grind up my skills to even contribute to any groups.

I've had a few direct enquiries on this already. Unfortunately at this time we will not be hosting another LiF server.

The reasoning behind that is partly stability and partly administrative man power. We are primarily concentrating our time on two things. The first being dealing with the stability issues with long running servers (there's no object clean up currently) and the second is developing tools for our players.

In the near future we may look to add more LiF servers, but for now it'll only be AQ #1. Sorry friend.
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Comexe
True Believer

Post by Comexe » 02 Oct 2014, 16:58

It would be realy great if the skill cap would be rised to 3000. So,we could play just one char and try everything out.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 02 Oct 2014, 23:25

As alfie mentioned, this server was made to create a group environment similar to what the mmo will have with a main focus on small to medium sized guilds. For the moment we dont intend on hosting a server with different settings. Sorry.
AQ

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 03 Oct 2014, 10:41

Server is now patched (0.2.1.0).
Anquer Quare

John F Kennedy

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 03 Oct 2014, 14:52

We are looking into the formation exploit issue and the exploiters will be punished. Stay tuned.

Return to PvP Servers