Armor Models Suggestion/ Idea

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Dkosmack

Armor Models Suggestion/ Idea

Post by Dkosmack » 21 Sep 2014, 15:29

I recently just stumbled across this game and I think this is amazing, so far everything I've looked at is really cool. I understand this is early alpha, WIP, and you (the creators) are Russian. Having said that I have noticed that the armor models reflect that and have an Eastern European medieval influence to them. Will there also be a more Western look to the armors/ clothing models also? examples: Medieval England, France, Scandinavia. And if there wont be is this something that could be made a possibility?

DennisOlsen

Re: Armor Models Suggestion/ Idea

Post by DennisOlsen » 25 Sep 2014, 06:40

+1

Good question.. i like to know that too.. i do like the game so far, and it have so much potential in the future, so please add more different armors and clothing from cultures arround the world :) specially europeans both western, eastern and north and so on, that way people can customize there character even more, and would be cool in clan battles :)

Dennis

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 25 Sep 2014, 08:37

There already are western armors in the game. I would say most of them are.

DennisOlsen

Post by DennisOlsen » 25 Sep 2014, 10:05

Well i have only seen 2 and those where more eastern :) that was on youtube.. i have only tryit the game for 2 days.. so im not nearly close to make my own armors, so i dont know much of it yet :) but thanks for the reply

Dennis

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 25 Sep 2014, 10:23

Only the top and bottom on the right seem to be distinctively Eastern to me.

Dkosmack

Post by Dkosmack » 27 Sep 2014, 01:10

Thank you for the replies guys, Im glad some other people have been reading this, opening up the discussion.

I havent played the game yet, so excuse my possible ignorance. I did browse all of the armors that are so far in the Wiki and the armor sets as a whole struck me as more Eastern, esp the more advanced armors later in the crafting tree. Though I do agree that there are Western aspects, just like the picture that was posted as far as the chainmail coifs and full plate armor, I guess my question was is we will be seeing more variants as the game progresses.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 27 Sep 2014, 12:39

I sure hope so. What we definitely need at some point are heraldic surcoats to wear over your armor so everybody can see which guild you belong to.

Cotroneo

Post by Cotroneo » 27 Sep 2014, 12:47

See, now.. that's what we're talkin' about!

I'm just really hoping that you guys come out with Scandanavian / Viking armor. I'd really love to see that, with guild banners able to be layered on a shield instead of just surcoats and flags.

:Bravo: Let's go Sea Raiders! :Bravo:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 27 Sep 2014, 15:19

There are Norse weapons in the game, at least.

Stianos

Post by Stianos » 27 Sep 2014, 18:34

Siegbert wrote:I sure hope so. What we definitely need at some point are heraldic surcoats to wear over your armor so everybody can see which guild you belong to.

Currently combat would be really confusing en masse, we need surcoats before the MMO launches at least.

Chimera

Post by Chimera » 28 Sep 2014, 12:34

I really look forwards to new armors being put in the game. I hope to on day be overwhelmed with choice.

hopefully a dev see's this.

http://www.medievalwarfare.info/armour.htm

That link will lead to a very informative site with allot of visual aid.

GioEpyon

Post by GioEpyon » 28 Sep 2014, 15:50

it would be nice if, with the various mixes and combination of metal (meaning not just following a recipe but experimenting with the quantities), we could create our own metal mixtures changing colour and durability (in battle and/or just hanging around). it wouldn't be just a bunch of smiths doing the same armours but a really skillful guy making his own firm of armours variying colours and resistance in battle. also it allows to have sets of display armours and battle armours. eventually, the devs could implement a shape modelling system tool, so smiths could create their very personalized set.

Dkosmack

Post by Dkosmack » 28 Sep 2014, 16:59

Yes thats what I was thinknig about but couldnt think of the word for it, the surcoats would be very cool.

Not only armor though, but what about certain types of lighter clothing that would be neat to have that would serve as lighter armor? this is a LOOSE example; but think of popular movies in medieval genres, main characters dont always wear heavy, and or a specific armor types head to toe. Like Lord of the Rings, Robin Hood movies, etc. Some characters like Aragorn just wear clayers of clothing while fighting. Just more food for thought to throw into this pot...

Return to Suggestions and Ideas