Armor/Weapon system

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Jacques_de_Molay

Armor/Weapon system

Post by Jacques_de_Molay » 20 Feb 2018, 22:07

Hello LIF team.

Although this game has huge potential there are a few disappointments in the architecture ( of course, 9 character first unique name is an obvious and awful solution )
Id like to talk about my vision of how Armor should have been implemented.

All Armor pieces would have weight and damage resistance attributes
All weapons would have weight and damage attributes.

equipment also would have some buff/debuff properties to encourage intended usage, but no hard coded limittaions

weight would affect your stamina drain and your agility.
Different armor and weapon types would also buff or debuff different attributes of a character ( strenth, will power, constitution )

NO RESTRICTION BETWEEN CLASSES or levels.
Restriction will come naturally by your character attributes.
if your equipment is too heavy you will hardly be able to move, because your stamina drain will be huge, and agility drop.

this would be more like of EVE online system when you can (with some very specialized class of equipment exceptions like cov ops cloaks ) fit any weapon type on any ship, but buff/debuff system would make you choose your set ups wisely.

This opens up a huge variety of fits that will be used by players depending on the type of game play they choose.

same for weapons, if id like to use crossbow with plate armor i should be able to, but because plate armor would debuff agility my accuracy would suffer and my ability to move about the battlefield will be negligent.

It is unfortunate that different weapon and armor types are locked to certain class types.

Return to Feedback Section