Banners/Custom House Crest's/Olifant Horn/Total war Tactics

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Settfire

Banners/Custom House Crest's/Olifant Horn/Total war Tactics

Post by Settfire » 06 Jan 2015, 09:25

As Probably many of us here in the community wanna see.
BANNERS. CRESTS. OLIFANT HORNS. BATTLE FORMATIONS

CREST'S AND BANNERS
    I would love personally to see implemented into the game some banners, in which you can craft and give to one of your trusted men working for you on your lands to carry off onto battle. As also maybe patching in some crests into the uniforms bearing your county's symbol.

HORNS
      Also another very tactical piece of equipment that would be great for battles or even lone sentry s walking the perimeter of your land could have is a good ol, fashion olifant Horn!, which was used dated back to Charlemagne times. Depicted in the "song of Roland" this instrument served as a warning, shout for help that screamed across a great area as it was blown by its worried some user during combat or even watching a invading army cross our borders into your land.

TACTICAL FORMATION
        Coming into the aspect of Total war tactics. A great way to put the fear into your enemy's on the field is with a organized army, instead of a group of rabble forces not standing in formation. As a big player of the "Total War Series" I can really see how the use of managing units and issuing them tactical orders to out flank an enemy army, instead of just charging at each other and seeing whoever has the best armor or weapons can win.

EXAMPLE
          You have 50 men ready to fight. vs an invading viking army of 70 men. you then split your army into 10 man squads. all have a squad leader. All the squad leaders take orders from you being linked into your own squad with them. you stand off on a hill with a map and can place on the map markers where you want your men and what formation will you have them in. So you place 3 squads defending the center and the other two at reserve. suddenly your center is attacked. the viking army is not in formation. you then send your 2 squads around the enemy and surround them and crush them.

I think this idea will give a fighting chance to a much smaller force vs a much bigger force. :D

GoliathMrk1

Re: Banners/Custom House Crest's/Olifant Horn/Total war Tact

Post by GoliathMrk1 » 06 Jan 2015, 13:52

Hi,

Good ideas, would love a horn to blow if iam in danger.

Total war tactics,

But isn't that the kind of tactics you would excpect from a well organized group, who follows commands and arn't selfish enough to run head first into a overwhelming group of vikings?

GoliathMrk1

Azzerhoden
          Alpha Tester

Re: Banners/Custom House Crest's/Olifant Horn/Total war Tact

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Jan 2015, 17:07

Were you aware of this formation structure, which is already in game http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Unit?

There is also a skill to allow players to carry a banner in a formation, but for the 'Life' of me, I cannot remember which skill it is (thought it was Unit & Formation). It is not implemented yet though.
          | - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas