Be warned: No delay on trespassing penalty

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Be warned: No delay on trespassing penalty

Post by Archaegeo » 23 Mar 2014, 23:22

From the FAQ thread:
"407. How does the "trespassing" alignment penalty work as far as timer? Is it applied instantly when someone targets you and says trespasser, or says trespassers with you in the radius? Or does that start a timer to let you have time to get off a deed you were only passing through?

I.E are we meant to zigzag around every claim we come across to avoid an instant -1?

there are 2 abilities that can mark you as a trespasser: single target and AoE. In both of them you will be instantly marked as a trespasser. No warnings (unless claim owner will do them by himself in chat).
You can avoid zigzaging if you see that claim is empty and noone will be able to flag you as a trespasser. Though, if you see that someone is on that claim - please, respect his claim rights and avoid trespassing."

So avoid going on personal claims unless you want to lose -1 alignment.

Note that you can only gain 1 pt back per day though trespassing can't make you go evil.

Also trespassing in a town only flags you criminal, no alignment hit.

I don't think this will be that big of an issue given the size of the world, but knowing is half the battle GI Joes

Antiblitz

Re: Be warned: No delay on trespassing penalty

Post by Antiblitz » 24 Mar 2014, 01:01

yet another claim related thread.........you know what you are doing, it doesnt matter, changing the context of the discussion to fit your needs, you are a tool, yet another poison on this thread, as if it didnt have enough of those. trespassing is trespassing, there isnt a grey area, its all black and white in this case. The land is owned, it will tell you the land is owned, and if you decide you still want to trot through this land, say hello to Mr. alignment hit.

you shouldnt have to be seen to take the alignment hit, just because you steal irl or trespass on land but are never caught doesnt mean your not a piece of shit, you are, you just are one that hasnt been caught and socially hung for your misdeeds. In this case, allowing people to perform bad behavior and get away with it is silly, as you could take this same thing as saying if you murdered somebody but were never seen doing it, why would you suffer alignment loss? nobody seen you do it, how can they have a negative attitude toward me?

honestly, just go play Haven & Hearth, its using a goddamn near identical claim system, its free, and will explain it all to you. I've said this same line in like 5 other posts, but its the truth, playing that game will give you expectations for whats to come in this game.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 24 Mar 2014, 01:15

OMG....Of course there is no delay you are freaking Trespassing!!! :ROFL:

LOL!

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 24 Mar 2014, 01:42

I do not understand what is the point of this thread at all. You have created new thread just to copy-paste an explanation given to you by Bobik in public not long ago right in here. I really do hope that Antiblitz's observation here is not correct. Other than that I have reason to believe that most of the people already know and understand these basics of penalty system so there is no need for these kind of.. announcements.

Archaegeo
Alpha Tester

Post by Archaegeo » 24 Mar 2014, 01:58

The question had been asked before, I wanted to make sure everyone was aware, some were thinking there would be a delay between when you were called a trespasser and when the penalty would be applied.

This is no malice or poison in this thread at all, it is 100% mean to be helpful to those who might wander onto a claim not knowing they can instantly be given -1 alignment before they even turn around.

I personally wonder if we will even be able to tell where a claim is if nothing is built on it yet?

This mechanic will be used for griefing (building personal claims that encompass frequent travel routes) but that's not the point.

I merely wanted to make sure everyone was aware there will not be a delay.

Mod: Change the subject line if you wish to "No delay on alignment penalty when trespassing"

I made this thread because this is an important thing to know, and not everyone reads all 25 pages of the interactive faq (I have, but I have been told by many they have not)

This is a general discussion about a game mechanics, not an attack on the game.

Arrakis09, most people do not know that it is instant, it has come up many times in IRC about will there be a delay. So this thread was to answer that question because again, most do not read all 25 pages of the FAQ.

Antblitz: I did not say ANYTHING was wrong with the implementation. I wanted to let other know that it was instant with no ability to retreat before the penalty is applied.

I have updated the WIKI page with that clarification, its important.

Before you guys keep attacking me, please do things to help the game like updating the wiki, posting discussion threads about mechanics etc. If you just want to jump on my posts to attack me, that's what moderators are for.

One thing people do need to know about this game is that if you question any of the mechanics you will be attacked. Sheesh, lighten up people this is a help thread, not even a questioning of a mechanic.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 24 Mar 2014, 03:34

Bobik "We can discuss it and always change something. But I would avoid it before we gonna have it implemented and players will have just some time to use that system."

A quote from Bobik when he answered your question in the faq thread.

I suggest choosing your topics more wisely in the future...

Return to General Discussion