Nope, not bugged - Beehives - bugged?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

DarklyNoon

Nope, not bugged - Beehives - bugged?

Post by DarklyNoon » 01 Mar 2016, 21:28

I recently restarted the game, and noticed that the old behives no longer can be crafted and new beehives are in existence, so without any pause I looked up the official info on these beehives and read:

Plant crops in 5X5 field, harvest, plow, pace beehive in center. wait for beehive to produce honey.
(this is the abridged version...)

So i did this, and so far, 6 RL days in (grow cycle =3) no honey.

I do some more reading.
I find some one that claims that the beehive needs to be on a 5x5 field that has not been disturbed (no plowing or harvesting)
And another that claims that the beehive needs to be between trees..
Yet another that claims that it needs to sit on farmed and harvested but not plowed land.

So...
I crafted beehives.. beehives gallore, beehives akimbo.. bee... ok you get the idea.

I placed a few in some forrests
Some in apple tree groves (those seem most logical tbh)
Some in meddows, some on the beach, some in the middle of my farm fields (that i farm in constantly) and some in a plot of land thats plowed but not farmed, and some in barren soil.

4 rl days later.
No honey, on any of the beehives.

So I must conclude that the beehives are broken, do not work, are busted, are fubar and utterly flabbergastedly inconsistent.
Every one of the ideas uttered I have tried, all of those people claim to get honey, yet none work for me.

The server btw, has been reset since then and 2 days have past without honey but i did not expect a reset to help.
Crops, and trees grow without incident.

So.
What is the right way to do it, please explain in extreme minute and total detail including direction faced while hammering the nails and wind speed and direction.. if need be.
Last edited by DarklyNoon on 09 Mar 2016, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

TheZar

Re: Beehives - bugged?

Post by TheZar » 02 Mar 2016, 04:27

Plant crops in 5X5 field, harvest, plow, pace beehive in center. wait for beehive to produce honey.

This is the one that works, if the server restarts/ resets, gets turned off and on again, then it will never grow honey.

DarklyNoon

Post by DarklyNoon » 03 Mar 2016, 19:39

Been testing myself again.
Beehives do not work in 5x5 field with the:
Harvest, plow, place beehive function (thats the fertile soil placement)

The beehives i just got working, are on Harvested, but not plowed fields .
So:

5x5 field, plow.
Plant beehive in center.
Harvest.
Do not plow/harvest/fertilize again. lest the honey stops until you harvest again.

New honey seems to appear every hour.
If the field is not 5x5 but 4x4 the yield is 1 honey per hour, in a 5x5 field its 2 per hour.

Inteteiro
Beta Tester

Post by Inteteiro » 03 Mar 2016, 22:16

I grew honey once then thought wow what a waste of time and effort. It's easier to make Ravioli or cottage pie.

DarklyNoon

Post by DarklyNoon » 09 Mar 2016, 22:31

Inteteiro wrote:I grew honey once then thought wow what a waste of time and effort. It's easier to make Ravioli or cottage pie.

Meh, i could just eat boiled chicken. apples. or anything else i have made.
But I care not for the food item part of it.. but simply for the fun of crafting stuff with it :p

Like mead and compote etc.

Arrakis

Re: Nope, not bugged - Beehives - bugged?

Post by Arrakis » 10 Mar 2016, 12:52

Explanation on honey production on wiki was a little bit outdated, and a little bit too complicated than it actually is. I have updated the info now. (http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Beehive)

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Re: Nope, not bugged - Beehives - bugged?

Post by Laertes » 10 Mar 2016, 15:20

What a luck. You don´t have to tame the bees. ;)

Return to General Discussion