Blueblocking and the karma system

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Tenchrio

Blueblocking and the karma system

Post by Tenchrio » 09 Jan 2016, 18:19

This has been on my mind for a while but how is the problem of blueblocking going to be solved?

For anyone who doesn't know, in an mmo called Mortal Online there was also a karma system for PVP, red players could be killed without penalty, however PVP was always on so some trolls took it too them to jump in front of players who were doing PVE, this flagged these players as grey (temporarely status similar to red) and where then killed by the troll (who doesn't get negative karma leaving their status as blue hence blueblocking).

As far the only information I can find for LiF is that PKing gives negative karma whether this goes to the instigator or the one making the kill, e.g. someone acts in self defense or to safe a party member is not specified.
So is there a system in place against blueblocking?

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Blueblocking and the karma system

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Jan 2016, 22:14

It could potentially happen, but when ? There is almost no PvE in LiF.

Beside, in LIF, contrarily to MO, when you take a hit it is PAINFUL, and it takes quite a while to heal. I don't think anyone will be willingly take hits during a PvP event in the world.

Tenchrio

Post by Tenchrio » 09 Jan 2016, 22:23

Hoshiqua wrote:It could potentially happen, but when ? There is almost no PvE in LiF.

Beside, in LIF, contrarily to MO, when you take a hit it is PAINFUL, and it takes quite a while to heal. I don't think anyone will be willingly take hits during a PvP event in the world.

During hunting perhaps (e.g. early hunting with a slingshot)?
Also does this mean PVP is not always on (since you're playing the alpha)?

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 09 Jan 2016, 22:47

PvP is always on don't worry ;) Just like in YO.

Return to General Discussion