BUG: Control to click on menus changed, causes crash

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Henx125

BUG: Control to click on menus changed, causes crash

Post by Henx125 » 20 Sep 2014, 00:45

So after setting up my controls somehow I suppose I changed whatever it was that let you click on the menu and interact with it so now I cant navigate anywhere in the game to change the controls or anything else. I found that the button I changed it to must be "R" because when I press that over something that should be able to be clicked, the client crashes.

I've looked all over my computer and in the game's directory to find a .ini file or some file I can edit externally so that I can change my controls and rectify this, but no such file exists as far as I can see. To top things off, reinstalling and verifying game files does not reset my controls or fix anything.

Henx125

Re: BUG: Control to click on menus changed, causes crash

Post by Henx125 » 20 Sep 2014, 00:58

So I figured out a fix for this:

In "...\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own\data" there is a file called "bindings.cs" which is a class file that you need an IDE such as VisualStudio to open. In it lies the bindings that you have set in the form of strings. To be sure you fix the problem, simply delete the file entirely (make sure your game is closed first) - that way you don't have to worry if you set the right string or in case you have no way of easily opening it. You don't need to verify files or anything as this file is created upon binding keys for the first time.

Return to Feedback Section