Bugs with various things in my opinion

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Setari

Bugs with various things in my opinion

Post by Setari » 04 Jan 2015, 22:08

[BUG] FIshing does not scale with hunting level. Fishing needs to be fixed immediately as it can be a good source of food for people who try it and want to level up hunting. However, it's extremely ridiculous to have me sit for 2 hours and only catch 3 fish. I was extremely frustrated and now my character is just eating apples to keep stamina up. This is unacceaptable to me, as my character's survival level is 100 and he still catches pretty much nothing with the primitive fishing rod, for some reason. I have had it mentioned to me that there are better fishing rods with better catch rates, but with survival at 100, a primitive fishing rod should be having me swimming in fish. Unacceptable and needs to be fixed or at least reviewed and a change made or a statement put out or something.

[BUG] Dropping items and either exiting the game due to Alt+Ctrl+Del or some other way probably causes items to not be able to be picked back up again. I have had this issue on my Single Player server, where I have dropped multiple items and am not able to "look" in the sack to see what's in it, as it says I can't interact with this item. Extremely frustrating, provided the game's storage issues.

[BUG] Whenever I cut a lot of trees, there are always some tree stumps that look like they turn into 2d sprites and follow me wherever I turn. Very odd bug but not gamebreaking.

[BUG] So on the topic of skill levels in general, it seems like obviously the devs want people to move up to better tools and not use primitive tools forever. But a large chunk of the game is using primitive tools, and as such, they need to remove the disabilities that primitive tools have. As an example, I chopped down a ton of trees to make my first hut. This is because at level 85 carpentry, I could not successfully make a building log... from a log. What. How does this even work? This frustrated me to no end. I just don't get it. Same with fishing level scaling not working. I like the idea of getting skills to a certain level to unlock other skills though, I highly enjoyed this mechanic and just want them to fix scaling with these things.

[BUG] Upon windows popping up to let the player know what's going on, there is a small checkbox asking if the player just wants to keep these messages to the chatbox. However, one of these messages is connected to the EXITING POPUP MESSAGE. This means that you have to force close the game using Alt+Ctrl+Del and pretty much lose any items you put on the ground, and if you're running a single player server locally, risk not being able to pick up items anymore off of the ground. This needs to be fixed immediately.

[BUG] The actions "Dig a Tunnel Downward" and also "Upward" do not work. Remove them from the game and just leave us with "Dig Tunnel", which is the action that works for digging holes as mentioned above for ores.

[BUG] (In my opinion) Hunger does not kill you. What. Why? Having hunger at 0 just decreases your stamina and makes it run out faster. In this game you have two kinds of stamina, Hard stamina and Soft stamina. Hard stamina determines the rate at which your soft stamina decreases while doing all kinds of actions, so you can't do them infinitely, forever. I like this mechanic. However, there should also be additional danger to not eating. Like dying. Also there is no "thirst" bar so that's out for discussion too. Also if you leave your hunger at 0 for long enough, it will decrease your hard stamina to 0 so you can't move. This means that for newbies not paying attention to hunger and stamina for whatever reason, they are going to quit the game and not come back. Hard stamina needs to have a cap on what it can be lowered to, like 20 or something, so people can at least move around. (If not, 10.)

(Also, people having trouble with "mining" need to remember you can only mine walls. You cannot "mine" anything underfoot. In order to get those resources, you have to use the "terraform" option. Another bug on the devs' part, as once you're underground, everything should be "mining" skill levels.)

I will not be replying to anything in this thread, but these are issues the devs need to know about and have fixed. This is ridiculous.

Orsus

Re: Bugs with various things in my opinion

Post by Orsus » 05 Jan 2015, 09:44

Fishing is tied to the hunting level, as well as the quality of the soil you are fishing over (which again effects success rate, as lower quality soil/water will have a smaller success rate than high quality), and is modified by the quality of your fishing pole.

Possibly the reason for your lack of success with acquiring a building log, is you were cutting down low quality trees, low quality trees (below level 10) provide 0 building logs, higher quality trees provide more building logs. Also soft wood and hard wood provide a differing number of building logs as well. My friends and I use this to quickly dispose of low quality trees, when clearing the hill sides to plant higher quality, without filling our inventory.

If the confirm window for exiting the game does not appear, press ctrl + ~ to open the command console. Once it is open, type debug. This will exit the game and send a report in for you. I use this a lot, any time I encounter a bug or the possibility of one.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Jan 2015, 17:29

[BUG] Players continue to post bugs on these forums rather than post them on https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/my_view_page.php, which is where the devs have asked bugs to be posted.

Please develop a patch that we can apply to forum posters to prevent this from occurring in the future.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 05 Jan 2015, 17:32

Setari wrote:[BUG] The actions "Dig a Tunnel Downward" and also "Upward" do not work. Remove them from the game and just leave us with "Dig Tunnel", which is the action that works for digging holes as mentioned above for ores.

This works just fine, and is essential to proper tunneling. I use it all the time.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Feedback Section