Can't place small keep

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Rhinosaurus

Can't place small keep

Post by Rhinosaurus » 29 Sep 2014, 00:27

So I'm now getting the same issue with the small keep that I get with sloped walls.

Every single cell on the small keep goes green. I've verified the dimensions and ensured it's all flat (not just same height, but all flat). I place it in the right spot, the bar completes, and boom, no foundation for the small keep.

I've already re-terraformed the whole area this keep goes in as a solution to the sloped wall problem. I'm slightly annoyed.

I know, I know, early access. But that was over 5 hours of terraforming, so I'm a bit frustrated.

Has anyone else had success placing the small keep?

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Re: Can't place small keep

Post by Seeker » 29 Sep 2014, 04:33

Dont know much about construction but make sure u are not standing inside the cells of the keep.
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Radical

Post by Radical » 29 Sep 2014, 04:39

Seeker wrote:Dont know much about construction but make sure u are not standing inside the cells of the keep.

Shouldn't matter if its just the foundations?

Not seen this bug before, i would verify your game files on steam first of?

If not get it into the bug reporter as here is the wrong place to get dev help for these issues.

http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/how-to-properly-report-bugs-t2222/

R

ANGELofDEATH

Post by ANGELofDEATH » 29 Sep 2014, 05:09

Not sure why it is not working for you. I just checked, and I can place the small keep.

Rhinosaurus

Post by Rhinosaurus » 29 Sep 2014, 15:55

I've already posted it to the mantis tracker.

Where I stand doesn't matter for foundations/signs. Only for final object.

Theory is that a small tear in the terrain is preventing placement.

Verifying my game cache shouldn't have any effect as none of other builders around could get it to work either, despite cells showing as all green.

Viik

Post by Viik » 29 Sep 2014, 16:46

We had similar bug yesterday.
1) make sure no one except you, is in area where you want to build keep. If someone just walks by, it might be not registered immediately because of lag - not server lag, just some sort of delay in checking if area is empty
2) any bag, log and etc on the ground or underground will prevent building as well
3) try changing place where you stand when placing it, like try to place it from other side

No sure why you think it's not important if you you're self is not blocking it...

Rhinosaurus

Post by Rhinosaurus » 29 Sep 2014, 17:41

As far as I can tell there is nothing blocking it. No logs. No people.

I've tried it from different spots. Only thing I can think is there is a spot where the ground doesn't meet properly even though observe mode days everything is perfectly flat.

Return to General Discussion