Carpenter's Shop - more Skills added Please

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Willbonney
True Believer

Carpenter's Shop - more Skills added Please

Post by Willbonney » 22 Nov 2014, 17:55

Greetings,

I feel that the Carpenter's Shop and the Wooden version of it should have more skills and patterns you should be able to make out of it. The same could be said for the Workbench. I feel it should be able to perform Carpentry actions as well as at least Bowcraft.

I also feel you should be able to construct furniture from it, but understand that the current method at the moment for furniture construction requires you to construct a furniture pattern down on the ground first. Personally I feel this goes against the flow of the other crafts in the game. Maybe add in the 20% Carpentry bonus to all cells adjacent to the Carpenter's Shop, making any furniture built near it have the 20% Quality bonus. That could be a bit of a work around.

Orsus

Re: Carpenter's Shop - more Skills added Please

Post by Orsus » 22 Nov 2014, 18:48

Any of the furniture needs to be constructed away from the tool bench, since someone might have the table placed where items would appear inside of other structures.

Now any recipie for an item that would be placed in a players inventory should be in the carpenters shop and work bench.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 22 Nov 2014, 19:00

Orsus wrote:Any of the furniture needs to be constructed away from the tool bench, since someone might have the table placed where items would appear inside of other structures.

Now any recipie for an item that would be placed in a players inventory should be in the carpenters shop and work bench.

To me, it makes no sense at all that a Carpenter has tools, the bench, and the Shop but not be able to have bonuses be applied to the Carpentry patterns constructed from Carpentry skill. Yes, it's furniture, but all of it still requires skill in Carpentry to construct. They should receive the crafting output bonuses from at minimum the Shop.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 22 Nov 2014, 21:14

I agree the items constructed should receive a bonus from them. I could see moveable furniture constructed within say 2 tiles of the shop or workbench receiving a bonus to them.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas