Castles vs Villages vs Towns

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ramaraunt

Castles vs Villages vs Towns

Post by Ramaraunt » 09 Aug 2014, 23:54

I think in the game, there should be three forms of settlements: Castles, villages, and towns. In a war, villages are raid-able and plunder-able, but you cannot conquer a village by raiding it. In order to conquer a village, you have to capture it's associated castle or town. One castle can be associated to up to 3 villages that are in it's vicinity. Since castles are points that ensure a kingdom's domain, factions should make castles as well defended as possible, so there is little room for farmland or that sort of thing. This also means that villages wont focus as much on defense, so they become centers of production.

Towns are their own class, and are special in that they are larger than castles and villages, and they can be conquered. Unlike castles, towns are large enough that they should have their own means of production, and can have player owned houses. Towns are basically giant villages with a castle in the center of it. Castles should be limited to military barracks and housing for nobility.

This system should be directly linked to nobility. For instance, the lords of each village could be vassals of the count that owns the castle, or that sort of thing.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Re: Castles vs Villages vs Towns

Post by MachineMedic » 10 Aug 2014, 02:41

There is already a claim system in development that is much simpler than this.

Dracathio

Post by Dracathio » 10 Aug 2014, 03:39

Rama I suggestion looking into the guild system, if I am correct on what I have read so far what your getting at is part of the GUILD LAND claim system [haven't read much into guilds as of yet], which I am sure there is a way to lower the grasp a guild has over a plot of land through the matter of killing off their members [sort of like factions on minecraft], I don't really know I haven't read into it like I said.

So as for what I said above, read into the guilds on the wiki if info is there, that way you can get a better idea about it, and if it's not there use the search engine at the upper right corner of the website here on the forums and look up "guild system" should be easy ^,..,^

Flannery
Alpha Tester

Post by Flannery » 11 Aug 2014, 09:49

Although you points are good - they are more suitable for a table-top game rather than a open world sandbox game...

The currently planned system is more simplistic, realistic - and way more suiting for LiF.

:beer:
"The enemy of my enemy - is my friend"

"Tides of War" Pre Alpha Videos
http://www.tidesofwargame.com

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 16 Aug 2014, 00:59

Have you looked into this game at all.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas