Catalysts

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Zaldiir

Catalysts

Post by Zaldiir » 17 Feb 2016, 23:01

Do catalysts even work? Spent last hour trying to identify one and nothing. Nothing on wiki site either on how to locate them.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Re: Catalysts

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 18 Feb 2016, 18:18

They do work. Once you have alchemy at 60 you can use one type I think its organic. Once you hit 90 you can use both types. Best way to ID what they do is have a set of herbs that are going to create something you want and then rotate catalysts through it till you find the one that pops with the desired effect. Its similar to what you do to find your herbs originally.

GrandpaCanuck

Post by GrandpaCanuck » 19 Feb 2016, 20:26

A while back I had a server I did a lot of alchemy on. Yes they work and well :Yahoo!: . At 60 you use mineral catalysts and at 90 organic ones. I have not seen the ones from trees yet and I do not think these have been implemented.

They work similar to herbs in that they have 2 abilities and only work if used with the right item being created. So, it is mix and match 11 different mineral catalysts and then 11 different animal catalysts till you find which one adds a magnitude of power to the item being made. 11 positive and 11 negative, so 11 of each type of catalyst.
Got a potion up to 5,5 magnitude and quality over 95. So to do this I had to identify the 3 herbs to make a potion, then the 2 catalysts to assist the power, then find high quality items for all 5 things and mix in a quality herbalist shop using the suit.

Zaldiir

Post by Zaldiir » 20 Feb 2016, 20:36

So, they don't or do work the way I think? A catalyst should take 2 herbs with no similar traits and combine them making a 2 trait cocktail uniting the 2 herbs through itself. Or no, the catalysts only assist in boosting the power &/or quality level? (2 could also be 3 since there are 3 trait cocktails.)

Otherwise, what's any different from 2 herbs w/ the same traits? I see the catalyst disappear when making cocktails sometimes, but it never has an identified trait when I plug it in again to the slot.

E.g., I have 1 herb w/ Raise Str, another w/ Raise Agil, and NO other similar traits. A catalyst w/ Raise Str & Raise Agil should make a Raise Str/Agil cocktail. Either this or we have a different definition of the word "catalyst."

Thx for the help!

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 22 Feb 2016, 14:22

Zaldiir wrote:So, they don't or do work the way I think? A catalyst should take 2 herbs with no similar traits and combine them making a 2 trait cocktail uniting the 2 herbs through itself. Or no, the catalysts only assist in boosting the power &/or quality level? (2 could also be 3 since there are 3 trait cocktails.)

They could do this but I believe that all catalysts have 1 positive and 1 negative trait so it would probably take 2 catalysts to make 2 different herbs mix with 2 different positive effects. You could also make a 3 effect herb with 3 herbs and 2 catalysts but that would be tricky and you would have to dodge mixing in a negative effect as well.

Zaldiir wrote:Otherwise, what's any different from 2 herbs w/ the same traits? I see the catalyst disappear when making cocktails sometimes, but it never has an identified trait when I plug it in again to the slot.

Catalyst are consumed if they give an effect or not. Even if they don't add/discover their effect they add in a bonus of higher quality. Its best to rotate catalysts through a set of herbs with the effect you are trying to discover till you find the one with the right effect.

Zaldiir wrote:E.g., I have 1 herb w/ Raise Str, another w/ Raise Agil, and NO other similar traits. A catalyst w/ Raise Str & Raise Agil should make a Raise Str/Agil cocktail. Either this or we have a different definition of the word "catalyst."

This is how it works but I don't think any catalyst has 2 positive or negative effects so you would have to use two catalysts. The best way to think of catalysts is that they are just more herbs that are consumed for q even if you don't find their effect.

Zaldiir

Post by Zaldiir » 25 Feb 2016, 15:21

Thx, if my server ever comes back up I'll experiment some more.

Return to General Discussion