Change Server to Use Your Given IP From Modem

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Nexxy

Change Server to Use Your Given IP From Modem

Post by Nexxy » 27 Sep 2014, 13:36

Hello, A lot of people are complaining about not being able to see their friends servers, I also have this issue. I think the problem is that when you create a World, it uses your Modem's default gateway to create it, and not the IP given by the Modem. This causes IP issues between computers and thus cannot see other people's IP's connected to the same network. Just a thought.
Regards. Thank you

Scroll_Tro0L

Re: Change Server to Use Your Given IP From Modem

Post by Scroll_Tro0L » 27 Sep 2014, 21:18

Try connecting with joinServer("yourip:28000") via console (accessed by pressing `). If it works, do report back.
ImageImage

GrimmLiberty

Re: Change Server to Use Your Given IP From Modem

Post by GrimmLiberty » 28 Sep 2014, 10:34

I had no problem with other people seeing my server on the list, but it took about 3 minutes to show,

However, my son on the same network could never connect to it, it always timed out. He has to manually connect using joinToRemoteServer("192.168.99.113:2800x","s0m3pa55") from the main menu ~ (x replaced with my last port digit)

What I found, especially before the last patch fixing the server list polling, was anyone outide my local network could connect using joinToRemoteServer("71.79.48.96:2800x","s0m3pa55") from the main menu ~ (x replaced with my last port digit) BUT every system inside the network has to use the local IP.

As a side note; You DO need the ports forwarded in any event if you want those outside the local to see you.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas