Claim/Guild Mechanics + Bug fix

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Claim/Guild Mechanics + Bug fix

Post by Elusiven » 06 Mar 2015, 19:24

Everyone has been very confused with the new claim/guild system update, probably because it's bugged and it wasn't very well explained either. Me and some friends have been testing the patch since it came out and we very quickly managed to find out what is causing all the confusion and trouble. I will post my brief explanation on the mechanics and I will also link my bug tracks on mantis.

The monuments have 4 tiers. Each tier have it's own durability, base radius and max radius.

Base radius - Minimum radius at each tier
Radius - Max radius at each tier

Tier 1 20 - > 30
Tier 2 30 - > 50
Tier 3 50 - > 100
Tier 4 is bugged at the moment.

Everytime day/night cycle aka morning lag passes, there is a claim update event triggered.

After first morning lag your support points are deducted accordingly to maintenance requirement but your radius will NOT change.

After second morning lag your support points will be deducted and radius will increase by 1. Every morning lag now this will happen until you reach max radius at each tier.

You can only upgrade your monument if you reach max radius at each tier. So for example if you are at Tier 1 radius 30 you are eligble to upgrade to tier 2. Once you upgrade, your base radius will increase to 30, and then after first morning lag after upgrade only your points will deduct, then after second morning lag after upgrade your radius will start increasing by 1 too.

Setting up a monument in the right way:

1. Build a monument (with no GM)
2. Put some support points 25,000 is good to start with.
3. Leave it and wait for morning lags
4. First morning lag it will deduct points
5. Second morning lag it will deduct points AND increase your radius by 1, after second it will be the same.
6. When your progress bar fills up (when you reach radius 30 on tier 1) you can upgrade to tier 2.
7. Make sure you always have points, otherwise your monument will go to negative number and will lose durability and eventually decay.

If you failed to build monument properly and you bugged it out, your claim update after morning lag may not be triggering and radius will not be increasing, you may also experience server crash randomly.

Thankfuly we tested a fix on one of public servers and it worked without need to wipe the server.

Please do the following:

1. Make a backup of server database (SQL) ( in case anything goes wrong )
2. Destroy ALL monuments on server!!
3. Turn off server
4. In DB remove left over/ALL data from tables that have claims or guild in their name. (ex. guilds, guilds_..., claims, claims_...)
5. Turn on the server and then do the following:

6. Build monument tier 1 with no GM.
7. Add UP TO 25,000 points
8. leave it for a few hours
9. After first maintaince aka morning lag, your points should be deducted, your radius will be the same.. After second morning lag your radius will be increased by 1 and support points deducted.
10. If you have access to server console or logs, check if claims update is triggered after morning lag, if yes then it's fixed.

Known issues and bugs:

Progress bar does not work correctly ( will be fixed )
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=2914&nbn=7#bugnotes

Too early monument upgrade reduces claim radius and buggs monument ( will be fixed )
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=2884&nbn=31#bugnotes

Guild player limit should increase with each tier ( is being worked on )
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=2952

Im not very good at explaining things, so I probably missed something out... If you have any questions, ask:)
Head Administrator of medievalkingdoms.eu

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Bigsteve

Re: Claim/Guild Mechanics + Bug fix

Post by Bigsteve » 06 Mar 2015, 21:58

DAMN..... some one has beaten.me to it. Though i have a deeper insight (possibly), but all my drivel is at home.

About the radius increasing only by 1,
on my test server i have had it increased in these increments: 10, 13, 20, 22, 50, 55, 65, 100. ( from memory, may be slight differences than actual)

will add to your info tonight, hopefully we together can clear the muddy waters of this topic.

Phakt

Post by Phakt » 06 Mar 2015, 22:35

The main problem my server is seeing is that with claims, raids are pretty pointless now. People are getting bored and leaving the game. The only thing that should be claimed by the guild system are doors and gates... Chests, carts, bags, crops etc should stay fair game. We know it's alpha. Not a complaint. Just an observance and recommendation.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 06 Mar 2015, 22:50

Phakt wrote:The main problem my server is seeing is that with claims, raids are pretty pointless now. People are getting bored and leaving the game. The only thing that should be claimed by the guild system are doors and gates... Chests, carts, bags, crops etc should stay fair game. We know it's alpha. Not a complaint. Just an observance and recommendation.

Agreed only claimable unmovable_objects should be protected by the guild claim system. All other items should be fair game and able to be used by anyone. If they want to protect a movable_objects they can put it in a house or warehouse.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 06 Mar 2015, 23:15

Bigsteve wrote:DAMN..... some one has beaten.me to it. Though i have a deeper insight (possibly), but all my drivel is at home.

About the radius increasing only by 1,
on my test server i have had it increased in these increments: 10, 13, 20, 22, 50, 55, 65, 100. ( from memory, may be slight differences than actual)

will add to your info tonight, hopefully we together can clear the muddy waters of this topic.

Increment SHOULD be by 1, according to devs. So if you are getting different then probably you bugged it out somehow. I know what you mean though, we had the same bug earlier in testing. You are welcome to join my testing servers and I can show you fully working monuments.

The main problem my server is seeing is that with claims, raids are pretty pointless now. People are getting bored and leaving the game. The only thing that should be claimed by the guild system are doors and gates... Chests, carts, bags, crops etc should stay fair game. We know it's alpha. Not a complaint. Just an observance and recommendation.

March 2015
Judgment Hour

"The world setting will allow for world admins to set a certain hour during real life day as a Judgment Hour! During that hour all alignment penalties no longer exist! You can kill everyone on sight, without being afraid of alignment consequences. Claims protection will also be void, so it is ideal time to raid your neighbours. Be sure to be prepared for that outbreak of crime and violence ;)" - roadmap for march.

PVP server with elements of RP with factions, trading and kingdoms system. Join us for great fun:).

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 07 Mar 2015, 01:52

Judgement hour really is a shitty way to address the movable object issues in claims. Yeah sure you can do anything during it, but its an hour and defined by the server admins, so its not really fair to everyone, prime time in one time zone isn't prime time in any others. I for one am not going to be enabling judgement hour on the server I help run.

- Alakar

http://arkhaya.site.nfoservers.com/

Spoonfed

Post by Spoonfed » 07 Mar 2015, 02:14

Thanks for this, the crashes were driving me batty.

Ausrick

Post by Ausrick » 07 Mar 2015, 05:09

Thanks Elusiven and Bigsteve and the devs and everyone for the effort and help in understanding this.

Elusiven, when you say Tier 4 is bugged, can you tell me a bit more? is it bugged as in "shouldn't build" or "can't build" or "build but doesn't do what it's supposed to exactly"?

For those worried about the pvp implications, from looking at the tables and drawing some inferences, (and considering all of the siege stuff that isn't implemented yet) I imagine in the future as the claim system develops there will be a lot of flexibility and opportunities in declaring other guilds as your enemies etc. I get that at the moment, it's causing some people in some situations to not be able to interact the way they want to with no current work-arounds though.

As an aside,
For whatever reason on my server, I get more complaints from people that someone moved the vase they just spent forever centering on the table, or absconded with their bench they had beside the bloomery or floated their chest 50 feet into the air where they can't reach it than I seem to about people running off with their ingots. Maybe it's OCD players, maybe it's just more aggravating when people mess with your stuff just to mess with you rather than for an obvious motive of personal gain.

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 07 Mar 2015, 13:34

Don't upgrade tier 4 till next hotfix comes out.

The mistake that many people do is they put too high number of sacrifice points, and they bypass the upgrade, allowing them to upgrade their tier earlier than they should do.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 07 Mar 2015, 13:50

I'm trying that out right now for myself. In the meantime, a day has passed, my monument used some points I had (27600) and the green bar moved up a bit. Claim radius has not changed. I'll check what happens on the next days (1-2h).

Update 3rd day: More points vanished, green bar moved further to the right.
BUT!!!! I lost the outer block of my claim radius by one. You remember that one block on the axis of the monuments position? That one has been removed from my claim visual by F4.

Just checked the logs:
Code: Select all
HACK 2015-03-07 15:16:42.124 {00} <NOSCOPE> =====================================> baseClaimRadius=20 newRadius=21
WARN 2015-03-07 15:16:42.161 {00} <NOSCOPE> DB::noRS(36 ms) UPDATE `guild_lands` SET Radius=21 WHERE ID=1;

So it seems that there is a radius change, but my actual claim size on the game has, atleast for this one, has been reduced by one outer block. I will let this run through and update my post (this one) with further results and confirm the bug fix by Elusiven.

Update 4th day: Another day, another increase shown in the logs and visual ingame. It increased in every direction by one block.

Conclusion: Elusiven was right. Monument claim range is working as intended aslong as it is used correctly. Thank you for that information. Since I have not a dedicated server, I cannot check on the "fixing" he has proposed. I will try to talk to an admin and try to get information from him so to confirm this fix aswell.

Phakt

Post by Phakt » 07 Mar 2015, 16:33

Alakarsiann wrote:Judgement hour really is a shitty way to address the movable object issues in claims. Yeah sure you can do anything during it, but its an hour and defined by the server admins, so its not really fair to everyone, prime time in one time zone isn't prime time in any others. I for one am not going to be enabling judgement hour on the server I help run.

- Alakar

http://arkhaya.site.nfoservers.com/

Agreed. Perhaps make it GM controlled. Announce it in general. And/or make it a random hour. Plus, make movable items free game 24x7

Gorgin

Post by Gorgin » 28 Mar 2015, 03:43

So what I'm trying to figure out is there a way to edit in the files/DB what the Judgment Hour effects? Can I make certain building not be effected by it like a warehouse or small house and leave other things like a chest?

NeoBlizzard

Post by NeoBlizzard » 01 Apr 2015, 22:13

Elusiven wrote:Guild player limit should increase with each tier ( is being worked on )
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=2952

Hey everyone,

Separate question to the current discussion but relevant to the topic of the thread.

A guild member left the guild (accidental - thought leave meant exit monument screen) and even after 2 full days (not game days) I am still getting a message that guild invite limit is reached when I try to invite him back.

Monument radius currently at 41 (if I remember correctly) so it isn't the base monument.

Only 2 other players not including me. If we add back the player who left, it will bring the total number to 4 people in the guild.

What do we do to fix the issue?

Thanks

Maddening

Post by Maddening » 04 Apr 2015, 09:02

I am having an issue being able to upgrade to tier 3. When I upgraded to tier 2 I was able to upgrade to tier 3 at 29 radius but left it for the night and came back the next morning and was unable to upgrade and radius was at 30. Due to server rollback of 1 day I upgraded to tier 3 (at radius of 29) and now I am unable to upgrade to tier 3 at radius of 50. This is about 10- 15 measly squares short of allowing me full base coverage. I had about 15k points at all times until now as I decided to sacrifice some stuff to see if that would help roll it over. Is there any way to fix this without rebuilding?

This will be my 3rd monument gone awry and I need to be covered by guild claim cos my base is a wanker magnet, it attracts all the people looking to log on and grief someone with a nice base.

Kiwiitis

Post by Kiwiitis » 09 Apr 2015, 09:30

I'm completely mixed up with this Radius should it not be Diameter?

Yes I am :%) .

Regards Gramps

Mushuy

Post by Mushuy » 20 Apr 2015, 16:05

I'm also confused, is it 30 radius or 30 diameter for Tier 1 max. The wiki states diameter.

NiHawk

Post by NiHawk » 14 Sep 2015, 15:14

Hi There
Our Guild Leader left and i am the new one. But i cant destroy Buildings in our Claim. There is no Option for me :sorry:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Sep 2015, 18:17

NiHawk wrote:Hi There
Our Guild Leader left and i am the new one. But i cant destroy Buildings in our Claim. There is no Option for me :sorry:

There was reported as a bug within the forums, but I am unable to find it on Mantis. Is this something you can file?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Elusiven
Beta Tester

Post by Elusiven » 25 Nov 2015, 16:03

It's funny that after reporting all those bugs, the monument system is still a big mess. Gotta love it :)

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Nov 2015, 16:11

Have you guys reported it via mantis? If no, please do. We are checking and working on the bugs and other issues there.

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 25 Nov 2015, 17:24

Only bug I encountered so far is the maxiumum members one. Been reported and marked as fixed. So I assume this fix will come in a future patch.

But building it, upgrading it, changing leadership, deleting objects, etc. It all seems to be working fine.

Return to General Discussion