[Ideas] Claiming System

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Troy0832
Beta Tester

[Ideas] Claiming System

Post by Troy0832 » 16 Oct 2014, 15:46

Claiming System Ideas

I will try and keep this original post updated with any ideas that may be discussed in this thread and if I see them elsewhere on this forum.

Claim Time linked to Authority - Having the claim time linked to authority skill, higher skill = longer timer.
Maintenance - Require fuel to claim houses. Size of houses matter, smaller houses require so much charcoal/billets to heat per time period(to claim 24 hours may need 10 billets?) Would add trade network for foresters/lumberjacks.
White Lists - These are lists that people that claim can allow to use / enter, other side would be black lists also. This would allow u to let certain people into settlement if you trade with them a lot or you could let all in and certain people are black listed...
Reclaim Feature - Instead of having to unclaim then reclaim to reestablish the claim timer maybe adding a reclaim feature? could be tied in with maintenance feature.
Key Feature - Buildings require locks as building materials so wouldn't it make sense to allow keys to be handed out? If this is on a keyring that can be looted or not looted is up for debate(i say not lootable)
Town Hall / Keep Area Claim - Have different town structures the ability to claim multiple structures(I build warehouse I can link it to the town keep so can be claimed from there) This may conflict with the maintenance idea.

Fluffypinkbunny

Re: [Ideas] Claiming System

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 16 Oct 2014, 22:39

few great sugestions feel free to check out the FAQ on the wiki (work in progess) as many of your suggestions are already asked and answered.

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Post by Troy0832 » 17 Oct 2014, 01:25

yea honestly only a few are mine some are pulled from other threads... I just want a place(this thread) to discuss the ideas, people can weigh in. I mean we may be able to help the devs with some cool part of the feature they may not otherwise be able to come up with.

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 17 Oct 2014, 01:44

Unfortunately a lot of these sort claiming ideas seem to be on the backburner or wont even make it into YO and be reserved for MMO.

Touchmee wrote:19. LiF:YO will be the main focus and the official server will be put on hold for now?
Not on hold, but it will be not our priority for some period of time. New development features will be introduced simultaneously on LiF Sandbox MMORPG and LiF:YO, at least that is our aim. But some features that are only reasonable for MMORPG (Guilds, battles, sieges) will be developed a bit later.

and

http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO

Kooswillem

Post by Kooswillem » 17 Oct 2014, 17:40

I don't like the claim mechnism, I feel the claim periode should be extended for a long time periode, at least 22 days, so you can take holiday without losing your in-game propery (and only so that after this periode the property of players that stopped playing forever or for an exteded time can be re-claimed by the other players).

The key function was also my own solution for the multiple users for one building problem (Gates,warehouses, etcetera). It is also very easy to adept it into the game and it seems to fit the genral design.

The way I see it the current object connection between object is 1-1 instead of 1-more. This poses a problem for the mechanic to let mutiple people use 1 building.

In This example 3 gates are Build Gates A & B by builder 1, Gate 3 by builder 2:
I suggest that the owner or builder of Gate A can create a 'key profile' item, take this to a (lock)smith and create either a key or a lock with this item and the raw materials.

First a key is created, this will open Gate A, then a new profile is is extrated from Gate A and aonther key is made. Then a third profile is extrated from Gate A and a new lock is made. With this lock the lock of gate B can be replaced by it's owner Builder 1.

Builder 1 replaces the lock and now Gates A & B can be opened by both keys! However Builder one cannot replace the lock on Gate C, because he is not the owner. He can however extract another profile from Gate A (or now also from Gate B) and give that profile to Builder 2.

If he uses that profile to make another lock and replaces the lock on Gate C, all gates can be opend with the created keys, but the owners can still replace the locks on their gates if the relations sour, or if the key is stolen by criminals.

This has the advantages that:
- The 1-1 relation is kept
- The owners still have control over who gets in or out even if they change their minds.
- Criminals can loot players to gain access
- If this is detected this can also be countered by replacing the lock again and manufacturing new keys.
- The given permissions are not permanent and still dterment by the owner of the building.
- It also naturally restricts giving '100 people' access (taking up more resources) because each key must be manufactured

Fluffypinkbunny

Post by Fluffypinkbunny » 17 Oct 2014, 19:56

what I was trying to say nicely was, many of your questions have already been answered, look through the faq, and see what is planned before trying to tell them to do what they are doing.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas