Clothes harder to make than Iron Armors ?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Mclane

Clothes harder to make than Iron Armors ?

Post by Mclane » 29 Sep 2014, 09:11

All is in the title,

To make some clothes you need to up Animal Lore then Procuration (not talking about Tailoring cause this is the final of the skill branch...), 2 painful skills to grind, for only making clothes ( not talking about making ropes, taking hours or farming/tanning ).

In another hand, you can in roughly 1 hour of smelting/smithing, make a full iron Chainmail armor from nothing or even a Platemail.

Is that normal ? I hope this will be fixed soon, cause we are mostly peasants with padded armors, not all Platemailed farmers... And in that state, Wooden Training Weapons are much harder to get than Iron Weapons !

Why not putting the Flax farming to 30 in Farming skill ?
And why not avoiding the tanning process of thoses Stems ? Just using Water + Stem to wet it then processing on a Spinning Wheel ?

Cyrano

Re: Clothes harder to make than Iron Armors ?

Post by Cyrano » 29 Sep 2014, 09:24

Fully agree.
Besides "padded" armors requires a HUGE ammoun of Linen.(through "Linen clothes")
Has no sense that lighter armor requires more work than the iron ones.
This is a MUST to be reblanceaded.

Vardr
True Believer

Post by Vardr » 29 Sep 2014, 10:21

needing procuration to make linen fibers is silly anyway, should be under farming or something.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 29 Sep 2014, 11:20

Please report that on mantis so devs could take a closer look at the issue.

Dods

Post by Dods » 30 Sep 2014, 16:29

I'm glad more and more people are noticing what I said a few weeks ago. Logical game progression based on the skills is absurd to the point of Lunacy.

Fambaa

Post by Fambaa » 01 Oct 2014, 16:16

I crafted myself a Full Plate because I just had a hard time gathering all the materials for my farmerboy.

Also, theres alot of balancing to be done in crafting recipes elsewhere.

A Floor Lamp consuming 8 lamps, the pole lamp needs 2 Lamps, but you dont even get 2 Lamps on the model just one.

Furthermore the ingredients and use of ropes.
Maybe it would be wise to add more kinds of ropes or change the recipe to lower ressource cost and up the amount of ropes on bigger projects.

Same with Linnen cloth.

Return to Feedback Section