Comming soon

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Bolla

Comming soon

Post by Bolla » 29 Sep 2014, 08:02

I'd wish to have a overwatch in forum from the developers of LiF which contains comming soon features to have a better overwatch what is comming soon and what is far away.

As example:

Comming soon (like in 1-4 weeks):

- implement Horses
- implement Guilds
- implement territories

Comming far: (like months)

- implement battles for territories

or:

Comming next Week/Month:

- Point a
- Point b
- Point c

it's just an example to know what I mean ;)

Greetz Bolla

[De] Feudal Empire - Custom (RP Server)]
Last edited by Bolla on 29 Sep 2014, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Wedge_Antilles

Re: Comming soon

Post by Wedge_Antilles » 29 Sep 2014, 08:50

+1

i know there is a roadmap, but that is just a rough sketch.
maybe you can give us some further information about upcoming features you are working on aswell as changes to the game. that would be awesome!

Always remember: Life is FUTILE

Kinord
True Believer

Post by Kinord » 29 Sep 2014, 09:38

+1 It's the best idea of all time :)

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 29 Sep 2014, 11:36

I would welcome this.

Bautista

Post by Bautista » 29 Sep 2014, 14:48

+100

I am glad you posted this. I was just getting ready to. It would be nice to know what is going on or what we can prepare for. As an owner to a server, this would help me and other owners as well to prepare for new content.

Shu

Post by Shu » 29 Sep 2014, 16:54

+1

I know devs don't really like doing this, because there are the usual voicy jerks out there, that start holding them to the made announcements, which may undermine strategic or necessary deviations from the former plan.
That is why you won't hear much from devs for any game from a certain point on. But I really do feel that it is increasingly bad practice, especially for crowd funded projects. There, I have a strange feeling of having somewhat deserved to be kept in the loop. (I don't say I have! It's a feeling I get ;) )

Maybe this could be done in a way that no definitive time frames are told, but rather in the style of "we hope to address issue #X next, issue #Y maybe in parallel, and once those go well issue #Z might be taken on".
Regular "what are we doing right now" updates, maybe once a week, would be IMMENSLY nice. Perhaps adding a standard disclaimer to them, that none of the statements are ever to be taken as promises or facts might do the trick.
Also, short infos about why an announced or thought about feature may has been abandoned or postponed would be nice.

The community would surely appreciate that a lot, as it also makes us feel a lot closer to the game and it's creators. Just be open and honest with everything, and there should not be much to fear.

Extreme anti-example would be EA. I've tried to get along with Sim City for almost a year, and half their forum was littered with cry outs for SOME response. The silence made many many people extremely angry, and for me was reason enough to make SC the last money EA got from me. (Combined with all the things they did before.) I'm not saying that's how it is here - quite the contrary - but I really want to stress the "don't fear your customers" thing. Especially for the time being, since pretty much all of us here can safely be considered enthusiasts, not just casual dudes who bought some random game that sounds cool and maybe will be played 1-2 times a month. We love you already, you'd have to f*** up BIG time to change that :beer:

Ravenclad

Post by Ravenclad » 29 Sep 2014, 19:12

I would love to see something like this done as well. With perhaps monthly or bi-monthly updates or so. Needn't be anything fancy either, just something that you can look at and get a general feel for what the main focus of each team is for the near future.
RavenClad @ Bluefangservices Official #11 Chicago - 1x skill server with active admins.

Falsewall

Post by Falsewall » 30 Sep 2014, 15:41

I know those are just examples, but just double checking. Are you aware guilds and territories are not coming until the MMO?

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 30 Sep 2014, 15:42

-1 to all 'time frames'

they're always impossible to meet and always starts the kids crying when they're not reached.

Rough ideas on what they're working on would be okay. But they have said they're focusing on stability and bug fixes at the moment.

Dods

Post by Dods » 30 Sep 2014, 17:12

I'd like to know a general time line as well. If they don't implement some of these systems pre-mmo I fear my money will have been wasted due to lack of proper testing.

I remember reading this current LiF:YO alpha version was meant to test client/server issues... But if that is all they are testing ... Well I don't relish the thought.

Oh wait I've suggested this before two weeks ago when it released on that day because I've been following the game for a long time.
Last edited by Dods on 01 Oct 2014, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

Falsewall

Post by Falsewall » 30 Sep 2014, 19:01

Dods wrote:I'd like to know a general time line as well. If they don't implement some of these systems pre-mmo I fear my money will have been wasted due to lack of proper testing.

I remember reading this current LiF:YO alpha version was meant to test client/server issues... But if that is all they are testing ... Well I don't relish the thought.

They clearly stated on the FAQ what they were and weren't implementing in LIF YO. If I remember the list consisted of about 4 things.
http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO :Source
No "Battles"
No Guilds
No Sieges
No Claims
You get to experience the rest of the game being fleshed out. If you do end up feeling your money is wasted, make sure to put blame where blame is deserved.

Dods

Post by Dods » 01 Oct 2014, 00:53

Falsewall wrote:They clearly stated on the FAQ what they were and weren't implementing in LIF YO. If I remember the list consisted of about 4 things.
http://lifeisfeudal.com/LiFYO :Source
No "Battles"
No Guilds
No Sieges
No Claims
You get to experience the rest of the game being fleshed out. If you do end up feeling your money is wasted, make sure to put blame where blame is deserved.

:shock: I'm assuming I didn't do a good job of communicating the part where I said the following:

Dods wrote:If they don't implement some of these systems pre-mmo I fear my money will have been wasted...

I will attempt to reiterate what I was attempting to communicate. Due to what was stated on the website about not having a majority of the game systems implemented I am worried about the future state of the game and fear my money will have been wasted.

The game itself LIF was originally proposed here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/life-is-feudal

And as you can see LiF:YO is massively different from what was posted on that kickstarter project. :Bravo:

I'm ultimately worried about the project and what my money has gone towards. I do hope you enjoy the pictures and familiar scenes on that kickstarter page though. I think I've seen them before :good:

Falsewall

Post by Falsewall » 01 Oct 2014, 01:40

:shock: I'm assuming I didn't do a good job of communicating the part where I said the following:

Dods wrote:If they don't implement some of these systems pre-mmo I fear my money will have been wasted..

I will attempt to reiterate what I was attempting to communicate. Due to what was stated on the website about not having a majority of the game systems implemented I am worried about the future state of the game and fear my money will have been wasted.

The game itself LIF was originally proposed here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/life-is-feudal

And as you can see LiF:YO is massively different from what was posted on that kickstarter project. :Bravo:

I'm ultimately worried about the project and what my money has gone towards. I do hope you enjoy the pictures and familiar scenes on that kickstarter page though. I think I've seen them before :good:

Sorry, misinterpreted your post. On a less aggressive subject, in their defense, they seem to have nothing less than what they showed in the kickstarter video from what I saw aside from some armor. Also pretty much everything they said they had on the page they have in the game, with the exception of things the said they would offer. Once again sorry for snapping. Feel free to offer a rebuttal.

Dods

Post by Dods » 01 Oct 2014, 02:07

Falsewall wrote:Stuff

Nah it is cool. Lots of people take me the wrong way. But, if they just slowed their roll and read my words and took them at their literal meaning I wouldn't be so misunderstood.

I do agree a lot of what was in the kickstarter video is what we see on LiF:YO. Which is why I am upset over the development of the game. I expected a lot more because you can see the date on that kickstarter.

I was hoping many of the systems would be flushed out in an alpha release. Because that is what an alpha release is by definition. I feel cheated by Steam for not double checking that a all of the major systems were completed.

Dat money flowing doe

Serwer_Exilus

Post by Serwer_Exilus » 01 Oct 2014, 11:40

I hoppe devs moderatos reading this and repeat ideas to LiF God :)
Most important for now is not horses but simply option to remove objects. We dont need mats from it just delete it.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas