Community is King but royalty needs a castle

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

ZypheR

Community is King but royalty needs a castle

Post by ZypheR » 12 Oct 2014, 12:02

The layout of this site, the information and the community handling is old school. It's far too startup and I need to say it because I'm hoping this game does well. I'll create a lot of YouTube videos for it (I'm a web developer and apply some of that time to gaming to get away from PHP).

I've been pledging to a lot of games recently including Star Citizen, H1Z1 has my support, The Long Dark and so does Kingdom Come Deliverance. A bunch of sandbox titles which this game can easily compete with as it does look good. However all of the teams on those games understand community is king and I'm not talking about a forum which this project seems to put all its eggs into.
The YouTube channel has 10 videos being published per year. Thats not good. I almost feel like applying for a job and changing that overnight. :beer:

I'm almost ready to put money into this and I've already Tweeted positive things on multiple Twitter accounts so I'm not here to troll or disrespect...down boy! I'd just like to see more modern activity. Stretch goals page would be a great start. Plenty voting by the community on what a stretch goal should offer is an approach that puts confidence in the idea of players being involved in the project. Scheduled YouTube video with a format is the done thing now especially since the economy got rocky as businesses seek to use free social media as free marketing.

It's FREE! :Yahoo!:

Good luck.

Return to Newcomer Section