Complete disappointment

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

TatsuSaisei

Complete disappointment

Post by TatsuSaisei » 17 Nov 2015, 20:48

I am totally disgusted by the way the "release" was just thrown out there. The game, in alpha, certainly had it's issues, but it was playable and the community found workarounds. I grabbed the prerelease beta and within 15 minutes reverted back to the alpha version.

Terrible performance, interface glitches, invisible models... it pretty much feels completely untested!

I think it was mistake to only release the "beta" TWO days before the planned release, when it should have been ATLEAST a month or more, to allow the bug reports to come in and have the major issues corrected.

I own two copies of the game, one for me and one for my son. My son's PC doesn't support DX11, so the game crashes the moment it tries to even load up... so I feel kind of robbed in that respect. My game loads up, but it is unplayable in the current condition. This "release" version feels more like "alpha" where the "alpha" version actually felt almost like a complete game!

Way to go! (dripping with sarcasm)

Quazimofo

Re: Complete disappointment

Post by Quazimofo » 17 Nov 2015, 21:46

I agree fully and was, WAS, a huge fan of this game. I bought it at its original release and have nearly 1200 hours in the game. Now Im wishing they would just revert back to the old dx9 version and work on the dx11 for another few months. It is SOOOO not ready for release.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2015, 22:28

Most of the issues might be the cause of overlapping elements from previous builds. So those players who played DX9 and prerelease build of DX11 should reinstall the game and completely wipe Life is Feudal folder from the steam directory. That way you will be able to install clean, uncorrupted release version of the game. That should help get rid of most of the issues.

TatsuSaisei

Post by TatsuSaisei » 17 Nov 2015, 22:55

I did exactly that before making a post! It didn't help at all.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2015, 23:00

Did you try lowering shadows settings and rendering distances?

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 17 Nov 2015, 23:05

I also experience the same issues on GTX 970... I disabled shadows and put everything on low and it still lags like crazy

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2015, 23:22

If nothing helps, then report your issue on mantis bugtracker ( how-to-properly-report-bugs-t2222/ ). Make sure to write in the report what are your PC specs. And if your game is crashing, then add logs as well.

Quazimofo

Post by Quazimofo » 17 Nov 2015, 23:24

My biggest complaint is the graphics glitches. The HUD for example always messing up on me or textures no loading for me, like if I change my armor, the new armor doesnt render textures. Shield texture also not showing.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2015, 23:29

We will do our best to fix it as soon as possible. Your help with reports via mantis will be of great use to us. :)

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 17 Nov 2015, 23:31

Quazimofo wrote:My biggest complaint is the graphics glitches. The HUD for example always messing up on me or textures no loading for me, like if I change my armor, the new armor doesnt render textures. Shield texture also not showing.

Yea exactly... Or sometimes some background textures would stick to the screen and overlap. Or HUD goes all red and glitchy

Devs can act like it's our PC's fault all they want but it's a pretty widespread issue. I've played with 3 of my other friends today and each of them had experienced weird UI or texture issue. And we all have different kind of PCs too. It's not a problem with our PCs it's problem with your game...

Quazimofo

Post by Quazimofo » 18 Nov 2015, 11:03

TIFA70

Post by TIFA70 » 18 Nov 2015, 11:31

Some of mine friends cant even join the game (they get the blackscreen and nothing happens). I had a lot of trouble to get the game working (now it does, but to often it does crash after a while). But, the texture is always different when i do join the game. I need to restart the game several times until i do get the right texture...

Here are some examples:

After several restart, i do get finally the right texture:

Until the game does crash... and then i have to do everything again.

i7, nVidia Black Titan graphic card, 16 GB RAm

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2015, 11:38

We are working on the hotfix, so hopefully you won't need to struggle with these issues for long.

Uno

Post by Uno » 18 Nov 2015, 14:27

TatsuSaisei wrote:I grabbed the prerelease beta and within 15 minutes reverted back to the alpha version.

You rip what you sow. In your case, nothing.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 18 Nov 2015, 15:46

Yes i wouldnt say its a big dissapointment but theres definitely ALOT of visual glitches (items or homes youve just built being replicated in front of you and wont go away, grass floating) and ui bugs (hasving too many inventory / UI boxes open makes the crafting window totally bug out, the inventory always rearranges the contents when you open it for some reason) and the worst thing of all is the FPS is soooo low, it doesnt seem optimized at all and my rig should be able to easily pull 40 fps on all high :
GTX 760 , I5-3570k @3.6 ghz , 8 GB ram
but it only hardly manages 35 on med , somethings definitely off. Also i want to say its pretty bad having each server have its own character database, my server ive been playing on for a day has now just disappeared , i was level 100 prospecting , found my first IRon ore mine AND had a small shack built, and now its all gone ALONG with my character, why cant allm servers share characters? i should be able to take my character anywhere seeing as how flimsy some servers are (and the official servers are dead. noone plays on them).

Thanks for the great game and taking the time to read this!

Quazimofo

Post by Quazimofo » 19 Nov 2015, 06:53

I was overly critical of the release yesterday. I am chalking it up to me being tired and already in a bad mood. Yeah, that's it.

Anyway, after the patch, the game is golden and working pretty fine. Still small glitches here and there, and fps could ideally be higher. But overall I'm thoroughly impressed. The hot-fix came very quick and fixed the major issues I had been having.

Faith restored!

:beer:

EDIT:
So the 2nd fix'em-upper patch got rid of all small GUI glitches for me and everythign is amazing. I feel terrible for ever saying anything negative. This game is looking so friggin sweet and runs smooth.

:beer:

Return to General Discussion