Contemplating buying this game

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
MightySheep

Contemplating buying this game

Post by MightySheep » 16 Dec 2015, 17:29

I've heard I can get it for $24 on G2A but that still seems excessive for a game that looks almost identical to Wurm Online, which is basically free.

My friend seems convinced that it will be a fun game to play and already bought it but I'm not quite sold, the gameplay looks to be like a super grindy version of Mount & Blade.

I don't really understand how the servers work either. In my experience playing minecraft private servers are unreliable and you have to put up with power tripping GMs, I hope this isnt like that. I also hope its not a veteran circlejerk where all the good, properly run servers forbid new people.

I've heard that the servers usually reset every couple of weeks or so, whats the deal with that? Isnt it annoying to lose all your progress every few weeks?

As a UK player will I be able to find a good server? I looked at the list and I saw a lot of European servers but it seems like to get English speakers I'd have to go to the USA servers where my ping will no doubt be horrible.

My biggest fear is paying for the game then never being able to find a proper server.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Re: Contemplating buying this game

Post by HolyCrusader » 16 Dec 2015, 17:38

MightySheep wrote:I've heard I can get it for $24 on G2A but that still seems excessive for a game that looks almost identical to Wurm Online, which is basically free.

My friend seems convinced that it will be a fun game to play and already bought it but I'm not quite sold, the gameplay looks to be like a super grindy version of Mount & Blade.

I don't really understand how the servers work either. In my experience playing minecraft private servers are unreliable and you have to put up with power tripping GMs, I hope this isnt like that. I also hope its not a veteran circlejerk where all the good, properly run servers forbid new people.

I've heard that the servers usually reset every couple of weeks or so, whats the deal with that? Isnt it annoying to lose all your progress every few weeks?

As a UK player will I be able to find a good server? I looked at the list and I saw a lot of European servers but it seems like to get English speakers I'd have to go to the USA servers where my ping will no doubt be horrible.

My biggest fear is paying for the game then never being able to find a proper server.

You'll be able to find a decent server for sure. There shouldn't be too many frequent wipes anymore in this game. I would assume a lifecycle of 2-3 months at minimum at this point. Eventually resources like clay run out but GMs can replace it.

Most servers don't have power tripping GMs. Most are setup pretty well & have a published set of rules that are fair.

It lacks modular building which is very cool in Wurm Online. The real difference is PVP. I never played Wurm Online but a friend who has played both says that the PVP in LiF is way better. Each server is different too. Some are there that allow you to build everything on your own. Others have settings similar to the eventual MMO release of the game which require you to team up with a group to be able to do everything in the game.

I am in a US server that has a huge European population (its larger than our US pop) and they can all speak English or have a representative that can. We have people from the UK, Poland, Slovakia, Russia, Spain, etc.

Airco

Post by Airco » 16 Dec 2015, 18:18

havent playd wurm myself,
there are powertripping gm's bhut as far as i discoverd , majority are not (as far as i discoverd)

running my own server here, and got some uk people already, server is located in belgium in case u worry about ping,
been live sinds release (wel 2days before release actuale :p )

grindfest... if u liked minecraft i doubt that thats going to be a issue
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

MightySheep

Post by MightySheep » 17 Dec 2015, 11:59

Well I bought the game and then my friend tells me his laptop is too crap to even run it because hes a fucking potato.

So I probably wont play after all.

Airco

Post by Airco » 17 Dec 2015, 15:43

if it helps,
thank you for you to support this game,
perhaps getting more potato's and linking them together?
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to Newcomer Section