Couple questions about the MMO

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Sterakdary

Couple questions about the MMO

Post by Sterakdary » 24 Dec 2017, 12:48

Hey,

I am very interested in the MMO but there are some questions I haven't been able to find answers to.

1) Sleep. How does it work with player being offline? Is it like Ark/Rust where your character drops on the ground and is sleeping?

2) Servers. I have read that there are only big servers for 10k + people, but people on this forum and reddit are still refering to Server XX. Are those instanced subservers or just a location on the grid?

3) Judgement Hour. So as far as I understand it, its time of the day during which you can be villain? Or is it only the time for guilds in a war to wreak havoc on their enemies? Is this JH time same for all players or is it different?

4) Sieges. I know that this is pretty much endgame, but how important is it to build your castle ? From what I read you cant tresspass on other peoples property, so only reason to build walls and gates is to repel a siege. Can those walls and other buildings be destroyed permanently during this siege?

5) Raiding . As a long time Rust player I have to ask about raiding. Can you run into other players villages, destroy it and take loot with you?

6) Pressure from big guilds. As I understnd the game mechanics, big guilds have no interest into raiding and destroying small guilds villages, because its cost effective. Is that correct?

That will be all for now, thanks a lot !

Andemaru

Re: Couple questions about the MMO

Post by Andemaru » 24 Dec 2017, 15:45

Hi Sterak! :)

I am playing MMO a while now and I will try to answer you.

1) When you are logging off you have to wait 30 sec before your character dissappear from the game (so no dropped bodies :) )

2) Dont know this one.

3) JH is (for at least now) a time when you can wreak havoc on whoever you want without looosing Alingment. Should be same for all players.

4) I believe it can be destroyed permanently. Our friends have already destroyed buildings in time of JH.

5) Normally you cant. Because you cant do anything in someone else territory claim. He has to give you rights so you can do this. Except for wars. I believe someone more skilled can give you better insight in this looting/war logic.

6) It depends on the guild. It is true that making war totems for making war with enemies is really expensive on supplies. But still this is MMO. Noone expect you to play solo i guess :)

Hope I helped a little.

P.S.: Are you the Sterakdary from re-play? :)

Whitebeardeso

Post by Whitebeardeso » 24 Dec 2017, 19:53

The other gave good answers..

Answer to number 2.

Yes there are Only 2 servers in EU.

But they are built by many servers that are connected.

So the big Map you see are many small servers.. you only notice some lag when you cross between them.

So if someone says that they are on 31 they are on that part of the map.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 26 Dec 2017, 21:54

Some of the answers you have received are not fully correct.

3- Judgement hour is not a time when you can be a villain and kill whom ever you want without penalty. If you are in a guild that is at war with another guild you can actually cause damage to anything on their "realm" claim and do real damage to their "town".

It was re-activated till we get real siege battles in game to finally crush our enemies or be crushed....

4- You can trespass, it just may not be good for your health. But building a good defensible fortress is always important, but not something a small group can do well or easily. The strongest castles will be built by the largest most organized groups. Sieges are/will be brutal. A trebuchet can blow through a wooden palisade wall in a couple of hits, a stone wall in under a dozen.. and a castle wall in about a day.

Fire arrows can destroy tiny shacks, bark boxes, chests, and anything small in a few hits.

5- Raiding.... grmble...grrr.... Sorry swore subject right now, they removed are ability to attack when ever and limited us to Judgement Hours for actually be able to place things to get over walls. But you can raid, you just cant take anything on the claims. UNLESS it is during a judgement hour, then you can take anything on the Realm claim.

6-Wrong. Big clans have all the reason on earth to force small guilds either to become vassals or purge them from their lands. Small guilds eat resources, resources are finite, the more small guilds feeding off of your resources is like a death from a thousand cuts, or having leaches living off of you.

I have seen whole regions clear cut of trees because of small 10-20 man guilds trying to build a massive wooden palisade fort with a wooden keep... not realizing it takes WEEKS for trees to grow back IF they even removed the stumps.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Return to Newcomer Section