Crop yields

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Dracallis
True Believer

Crop yields

Post by Dracallis » 26 Oct 2015, 23:14

Is anyone having any luck with getting the 8-12 yields out of any crops? I had it happen maybe twice in a month of farming.

I'm using
98 quality sickle
100 quality soil
98 quality seeds
99.92 Farming skill
Harvesting in the middle of a bright sunny day

...only get 1-3 yields on any plants I farm.

What am I doing wrong? :shock:

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: Crop yields

Post by Willbonney » 27 Oct 2015, 04:08

I think the most recent changes have been in preparation for the upcoming "4 seasons" voted features. The in game calendar uses a 365 day rotation, where planting in "winter" is bad, summer is okay (though summer has some very long dry stretches), spring being good (though again, some very wet days in a row) and the fall being the best time to plant.

Hopefully when fully implemented it will be a little easier to tell what season you are in, and when the good and bad times to plant are. Currently it's all a guessing game, though many of us players have tried tracking the weather patterns, but it all seems a bit different than it was 3 months ago.

My guess for you is your server is currently in a bad time to plant, winter or a dry summer/wet spring. My guess being winter, since you've said you've gotten good harvests before, and now they suck.

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 27 Oct 2015, 07:55

There will be a 4 seasons system ?

For the crop yields I had 2 times 8-12 on a month of farming too and I had one time 4-6.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 27 Oct 2015, 08:52

There already is a sort of "4 Season" system already in place, problem is it's never been fully implemented. Currently it's just more rain (a.k.a. cloudy/fog) in winter and spring months, more dry in summer, and a much better balance in autumn. It's a yearly cycle/calendar for the weather patterns.

Of recent however it seems the pattern has changed a bit, and as I said, I think it has to do with future implementations for a true seasonal system (one in which has light rain, heavy rain/storms, snow, heavy snow, and whatever else they decide to do). It's a part of the "voted features implementation" that you can see on the Roadmap and I guess read more about on this page: http://lifeisfeudal.com/Discussions/latest

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 27 Oct 2015, 09:35

how do you explain that's not server wide ? x) when people get normal yield, one can get the 1:1 or lowest yield..
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 27 Oct 2015, 13:38

Unless you are all planting/harvesting at the exact same time, your plants are being affected by different weather patterns. So slight variations will occur, as in you got a poor harvest (1-3s) around the same time someone else got decent one (4-8's). You'll notice that the 6-12 harvests will for the most part be everyone farming on the server around the same periods of time (the fall), and occasionally in summer/spring if you got it on the right days.

Also heard in the past they were planning on having "farming hotspots" so to speak, areas which were better for farming certain plants over others, but I'm not really sure if that ever happened, or will be more for the MMO later.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 11 Nov 2015, 18:33

For those interested in the current, 11/11/2015, LiF calendar used by servers by default (sometimes modified). This is straight from the calendar file in the games folder:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 11 Nov 2015, 18:59

Very intersting, but how do we know the current day ?

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 11 Nov 2015, 19:13

Veda wrote:Very intersting, but how do we know the current day ?

You don't really, unless you can track 4-5 days in a row, then you can match the patterns more often than not. There's a few patterns that repeat on a 5 day rotation a few times on the calendar, but they are few and far between.

Alexv409

Post by Alexv409 » 13 Nov 2015, 01:02

Do you harvest prematurely, as soon as the crops are available to harvest? If so then that is the reason you get low yields. If you plant flax seeds for example you have to wait until the stems and the flowers turn yellow.

Plant during the day time, wait until the crops are fully grown and you will get your 12 per yield.

-Spartacus

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Nov 2015, 09:59

you cannot harvest until it's fully grown, the skill isn't available... you have to wait 24hrs ( +/- depending of server settings)

Alexv409

Post by Alexv409 » 14 Nov 2015, 00:52

You can harvest before it is fully grown and that is exactly the reason you get small yields. When the plants become available for harvest think of them as half grown, and then if you wait longer they will change colors and will be fully grown producing high yield.

-Spartacus

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 14 Nov 2015, 10:33

if the plant isn't fully grown the "farming -> harvest" doesn't appear :crazy:

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 14 Nov 2015, 18:30

Your server has likely applied some sort of mod or other changes to make it so you are able to harvest sooner than normal Alexv409. Normally, the first "growth" is just a visual deal of an immature plant not ready to be harvested. The second visual change as you state is when they for most are able to be harvested, and is why you are being corrected.

Normal circumstances: Plant on Day 1, then Day2, Day 3, and Day 4 go by without any changes. On Day 5 the plants grow from "seedlings" into what I call "growthlings" which are not yet ready to be harvested. Day 6, Day 7, and Day 8 go by, and then on Day 9 they are matured and ready to be harvested.

Your server has been modified so that you can harvest early, at reduced rates. I've seen this on a few private servers.

Return to General Discussion