Dear Developers...

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Weedzy

Dear Developers...

Post by Weedzy » 30 Nov 2015, 03:58

Hello there Life is Feudal community, I'm a guild leader playing on [EU]Wrath of Kings for 2 weeks now, name's Hazad Al Mualim (IG). I've been playing this game the whole week, I took my time from other activities just to give this a try and I was not disappointed by what the game has offered me so far. My guild has 13 members in it, the majority started from zero, with no knowledge of the game but we still have some people with a chunk of experience. We are now currently building the Large Stable and Stone Walls and until this point, everything seemed perfect!

But.....

These "Alignment" and "Judgement Hour" things are game breakers in my honest opinion, mainly because people STILL like to have some PvP action in video games ( I acknowledge this isn't a casual game). For example, I cannot organize a tournament/brawl within my claim with the other guilds due to the fact that people do not want to join in because they fear the penalty which comes from the current Alignment system. I agree players shouldn't PK others just for the fun of it, but this is NOT how you prevent those kind of things happening in a game which has so much potential! Why isn't there any option in game to declare wars with other guilds and not suffer point loss? Or at least some options in which you can type "/pvp" or whatever so the player together with another player which has "/pvp" activated, would enter under an effect where they won't be sacrificing those damned alignment points and suffer skill loss. There are so many workarounds for this! And please don't reply me with " You can ask a GM to arrange JH! " because this decreases the quality and the immersion of the game and maybe a GM won't be so inclined to activate JH just for two guilds.
In game I am not a criminal but neither am I a saint, I kill people who betray our Kingdom of Khalif with a large amount of lust for bloodshed. But you see... The "limiters" take my right and freedom in this game for doing so.. it requires more options to be added for people like me, because there are a lot of lords that treat the others fairly ( other players, guild members ) but seek justice for people who mock their Kingdom. It's a real life fact that people with this kind of power ( Monarchs, Counts, Barons, Entitled Soldiers etc. ) won't fear slaying someone who cursed and insulted their claim because of losing skill points/alignment points. Don't say something like "you have the ability to mark others with the trespasser thing" they can always stay outside the area of influence of the claim and can still throw bad words. There are trolls lurking in this game even with this PvP-system and take advantage of it.
The developers have done quite a hell of a job with this project, it looks fantastic, it feels fantastic, but I ask them for changing the PvP approaches, this takes away the feeling of really being immersed into the gameplay. I hope some of the devs may see this post and even reply. Thank you for your patience!

Darius
Beta Tester

Re: Dear Developers...

Post by Darius » 30 Nov 2015, 10:10

I understand your issue, I've had the same thing on my server.

What you need to understand though, is that Judgement Hour is more of a temporary feature they added to allow for PvP during YO. There won't be any form of JH in the MMO, that's why it's pretty limited in what it can do. The devs also confirmed that the alignment system will get an overhaul for the MMO. So yeah both of your points will work properly in the MMO, just not the YO.

Apart from the voted features they are working on right now, I expect most new features will be for the MMO not the YO, as the next MMO test is already expected in Spring next year. So I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

That's why some server mod their own alignment system. Some give you 100-1000 alignment on a new character, some allow you to pray multiple times a day. Some have a separate server for PvP events. Etc.

Weedzy

Post by Weedzy » 30 Nov 2015, 15:27

Can you please post some sources for your statements? Where did the devs actually say that?

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 Nov 2015, 16:55

i can confirm what darius speaks bhut euhm sources... we have been browsing this forum a bit to long and remember stuf :p ,
perhaps try browsing the suggestions page, there ufind some info (community-> suggestions) other info we got from devs is at the news section or from youtube intervieuws
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Darius
Beta Tester

Post by Darius » 30 Nov 2015, 18:55

Hehe indeed Airco! :D

Sources mmmh... Well most of these things have been said many times over, just search this forum. JH is YO only, MMO will have guild diplomacy/wars/sieges.

A good source might be Bobik's latest Twitch chat.
ama-with-bobik-on-twitch-t15166/

Weedzy

Post by Weedzy » 30 Nov 2015, 19:10

Thanks for your replies, I'm looking forward for the MMO then. It seems it has fixed all of my issues with this game, hehe. :Yahoo!:

Airco

Post by Airco » 30 Nov 2015, 19:26

http://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info

Life is Feudal: MMO (beta is expected to start around Spring/Summer 2016)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to General Discussion