demolishing buildings

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Revann1
True Believer

demolishing buildings

Post by Revann1 » 23 Dec 2014, 05:02

it feels like a carebear game when a guy runs to his indestructible house, i know we will be able to do it on the mmo, but in LIF: YO i also think there should be some way of destroying buildings, such as minor siege weapons such as torching houses or small sized catapults.

to avoid ninja destroying houses, the owner of the house must be online or his CLAIMED house will not take damage.

buildings such as fences and walls should be destroyable at any time.

its not fun seeing a beautiful town if you cant plunder and sack it. it feels fake if you cant

Falcion
True Believer

Re: demolishing buildings

Post by Falcion » 23 Dec 2014, 11:49

Imagine that you're sleeping like a lot of other people do at night.
Then someone from a country far away from yours logs in to your server knowing it has no one on. He skills up to make a catapult and then on other nights he just demolishes any village he has come across.

Sieges should be announced or there will be no sleep or we will have to make regular watches 24h/day.
Maybe buildings could be damaged and unusable until you fix them and they would leave a mark who did it then if it was done outside of server regulations that person would be dealt with by an administrator.

I do not believe full destruction on YO servers could be an option.

Kotoroshinoto

Post by Kotoroshinoto » 23 Dec 2014, 18:48

hardcore does not mean haven for griefer dickwaffles. There needs to be some agreement within a server on how combat is approached or you'll have the servers end up like many in DayZ and Rust, absolute anarchy and chaos with very little getting done because some 14 year old asshat thought it would be fun to blow up people's doors and kill them while they sleep.

Revann1
True Believer

Post by Revann1 » 23 Dec 2014, 19:28

Falcion wrote:Imagine that you're sleeping like a lot of other people do at night.
Then someone from a country far away from yours logs in to your server knowing it has no one on. He skills up to make a catapult and then on other nights he just demolishes any village he has come across.

Sieges should be announced or there will be no sleep or we will have to make regular watches 24h/day.
Maybe buildings could be damaged and unusable until you fix them and they would leave a mark who did it then if it was done outside of server regulations that person would be dealt with by an administrator.

I do not believe full destruction on YO servers could be an option.

lol read everything m8, your claimed house is only destructible if your online. though for walls and fences there needs to be some mechanic that is balanced for both groups.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas