Do Servers get wiped constantly?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Wizbasky

Do Servers get wiped constantly?

Post by Wizbasky » 13 Mar 2016, 04:12

Is this game going to be like RUST or other survival / build games, where they reset / wipe servers every week or 2?

I like the look of the game but not if my efforts are going to be erased every few weeks or a month just to have to start all over again.

Nesterus

Re: Do Servers get wiped constantly?

Post by Nesterus » 13 Mar 2016, 07:36

its even worse than that, the devs are makng a game that istn really this one, this game was just a paid alpha for their other game, they routinely release broken patches, then take days to follow it up with hotfixes, they show themselves to be another early access money grabber dont expect this truth bomb to last the night.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 13 Mar 2016, 09:58

lol nesterus... there's nothing to do with server wipes... and with my ~2000 hrs ingame time... this game is awesome... I knew games worse, and now it's a reference... :ROFL:

yeah... servers keep getting wipes, because people play a little, few weeks, maybe a month or two, and then, leave the game or the server, because there's nothing to do after the castle building...

this is true from the early access, and will keep doing this until the MMO...

in the MMO? people won't have the choice to leave the server for another one, they'll have to stay if they want to play, or leave the game...

in the MMO, after a time, we won't play for the game, but for the community, who will want to raid people if they already have everything ? simply for politics..

we'lll see ;)
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 15 Mar 2016, 12:46

Yes. After 1,000 + hours in game and five different servers I can tell you this game has no longevity what so ever . The admins are always badmins , good servers once found , crumble in less than 3 months and are forced to be wiped because too many idiots make tree farms and leave millions of logs everywhere (not to mention the code of the entire game doesn't seem too polished , causing even more issues with latency , desync, and general server disorder when more and more stuff is made). Honestly just wait for the MMO , LIF:YO is nothing but a grinding simulator , the pvp isn't even exciting .... I've gone back to mortal online for the time being because honestly I was wasting my time in lif : yo , I hardly even had fun and i got wiped 4 times and lost my 3 characters on the last server (don't know what happened , the server wasn't even wiped but I guess the database got corrupted or it was another badmin being an ass).

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 17 Mar 2016, 11:16

Well it does not have to be wiped if the Admin don´t want to. If the Admin knows how to make a server run, there will be no logs lying around and no huge tree farms that causes lag...
So i suggest you find a good server. A way to do that is to find a good community and that is NOT a server that have reason wipe date in its name...
A server with a reason wipe date is either new and most likely an Admin that needs to practice running a server, or a server that has just been wiped and will for sure be it again.
I suggest you go around on some of the more public servers. Get a feeling of the community. Worst thing you can do is spend 2 days on a server, and then find out the community is salty as hell...

Nesterus

Post by Nesterus » 17 Mar 2016, 19:49

i dont even feel like explaining this stuff anymore

Return to General Discussion