Don't keep us in the dark.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Davidbc

Don't keep us in the dark.

Post by Davidbc » 28 Sep 2014, 08:13

I found this in the steam community hub:

''These servers crash and are taken down by devs and the crash logs reviewed among many other things and the reason this is done is to make a better game for you.

Please remember that we are in an early access period of alpha development and these servers will become available as soon as possible.''

Why don't you let us know you're going to do this? Why don't you tell us what's going on, what are you doing, what are the problems, etc. My server, #10, has been down for +14 hours. :cry: :cry:

Ecka
Alpha Tester

Re: Don't keep us in the dark.

Post by Ecka » 28 Sep 2014, 08:18

Server #32 down since 17 hours now

http://www.anquer-quare.com/lif/

Spazfokel

Post by Spazfokel » 28 Sep 2014, 12:01

Dude...

These servers crash and are taken down by devs and the crash logs reviewed among many other things and the reason this is done is to make a better game for you.

Emphasis on crash... this isn´t planned downtime, they crash and the devs look into why it happened, take findings away and when ready, start them again. I suppose this has improved the server stability greatly looking how much better it became over the last week.

BlueFangServers
Alpha Tester

Post by BlueFangServers » 28 Sep 2014, 18:33

We host some official servers as per request of Bobik tagged BlueFangSolutions.com Official Public Server #1 Philly, etc and so on.

We have automatic reboots. All servers come back up within 5-10 minutes (depending on database size)

Feel free to play on these servers based on your location (we have 7 international locations) as these servers have been up since day 1 and we have no plans to take them down.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 29 Sep 2014, 01:01

...but it's the Dark Ages.

Wookierunmso

Post by Wookierunmso » 29 Sep 2014, 05:47

Have in mind that its still a Alpha, just as you say.
With alpha comes a lot of baby issues. For example:
Mainly becouse the server crashes is due to lots of stuff.
1. The dedicated server program is run under 32 bit. ( can be an issue )
2. Every person that Joins is demanding atleast 100 MB ram from the server. ( This is an issue )

And several more.

The developers will take its time to fix stuff, but the prioritylist is long. And it doesent make it simmple becouse the pressure the community ( us ) push them. For instance, I know that they have sleept as little as we have. We´ve been playing, they´ve been coding. ;-)

// Wookierun

[SWE ]Wookierun.se/Server.html TS: 217.209.149.90

Return to General Discussion