This is ridiculous

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Brunomb51

This is ridiculous

Post by Brunomb51 » 23 Nov 2017, 13:58

Good morning everyone, I feel like a have to share this info with everyone so you guys don't make the same mistake as I do.....

I just found out I could start playing in the OBT and I was very excited to get into the game, and after creating my character and naming him I finally joined the server. I explored for a few hours until I stumbled upon a clan which started attacking me as soon as they saw my last name, so I asked them why they were so hostile to me and they said that I had the same last name as a very hostile clan(last name: Stormbringer). After getting knocked out and being "banished" from those lands I decided to delete this character and create another one with a better last name (I assumed that YO owners had the right to one character slot) but then I was missing a ticket......

In the end, I emailed the LIF team and they said that it was my problem and that if I wanted to play again I would have to buy another ticket..... :fool:
Last edited by Brunomb51 on 23 Nov 2017, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

Amoksepp

Re: Dont make this mistake

Post by Amoksepp » 23 Nov 2017, 14:20

You are not the first one who did this mistake, but the first one i heared that the support answered to the problem.

In my opinion the answer from support is highly unprofessional and from my point of few the worst they could do.

Did you got a warning that the tickets is gone if you delete your character?

Brunomb51

Post by Brunomb51 » 23 Nov 2017, 14:28

I did not get any sort of warning when I was about to delete the character, that is the worst part....I feel betrayed by this game company and I know that many others are feeling the same way I do.....

Edummsjc

Post by Edummsjc » 23 Nov 2017, 14:40

Issue solved. Great Staff.
Last edited by Edummsjc on 11 Dec 2017, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Amoksepp

Post by Amoksepp » 23 Nov 2017, 15:07

I didnt made the mistake but i will switch over to eu2, so i have to buy also i new ticket. I dont mind the 10 euros, its not that much and the game was cheap anyway but i can understand you that its really frustrating to lose his ticket this was.... a really poor decision from the devs. A clear warning should be the minimum to prevent mistakes like yours.

Ruicunha

Re: This is ridiculous

Post by Ruicunha » 23 Nov 2017, 16:11

One account should equal one avatar only, what you chose in the game will affect you forever.

Amoksepp

Post by Amoksepp » 23 Nov 2017, 16:17

Ruicunha wrote:One account should equal one avatar only, what you chose in the game will affect you forever.

The decision about the ticket system was right. The most people behave really good for a mmo.
I just have a big problem that their support doesnt help people after they lose their ticket because of a mistake about something they didnt had any clue about.... ofc they could go to the forum 6 months before and read every thread including the threads about the ticket system but you cant expect this.

A clear warning is a must have if you have a system like they use

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Nov 2017, 16:58

Brunomb51 wrote:I did not get any sort of warning when I was about to delete the character, that is the worst part....I feel betrayed by this game company and I know that many others are feeling the same way I do.....

There are TWO popups that appear when you're trying to delete the character, both informing of the consequences of deleting the character that used the ticket to Abella.

This warning appears when you click on the cross with intent of deleting the character:

deletingcharacterwarning1.png
deletingcharacterwarning1.png (172.75 KiB) Viewed 9565 times

After typing character name and clicking Ok, a second warning appears where you have to confirm that you are really sure about doing this:

deletingcharacterwarning2.png
deletingcharacterwarning2.png (118.84 KiB) Viewed 9565 times

Only then your character is deleted, so there's no chance that you missed those warnings.

Cameron.hpkns

Post by Cameron.hpkns » 23 Nov 2017, 17:35

"Only then your character is deleted, so there's no chance that you missed those warnings."

Worst community manager i have ever seen in any game ever!! Its almost like you have received zero training on how to deal with people. Maybe he had a bug, perhaps he didn't understand what the ticket will not be received meant? Perhaps you should ask him to submit a ticket so you can resolve the issue 1 on 1.

Hutoro
Beta Tester

Post by Hutoro » 23 Nov 2017, 17:43

Or perhaps OP should read warning messages. Instead of just clicking through them. Also the map is massive he could have moved to a different area and still kept his last name. If he was playing solo.

Deamore

Post by Deamore » 23 Nov 2017, 17:45

Cameron.hpkns wrote:
"Only then your character is deleted, so there's no chance that you missed those warnings."

Worst community manager i have ever seen in any game ever!!

Im not one for white knighting but calling Arrakis the worst community manager ever is bloody harsh.

Constant updates during the less than stellar launch through all timezones.

Zuzas

Post by Zuzas » 23 Nov 2017, 17:51

Cameron.hpkns wrote:

Worst community manager i have ever seen in any game ever!! Its almost like you have received zero training on how to deal with people. Maybe he had a bug, perhaps he didn't understand what the ticket will not be received meant? Perhaps you should ask him to submit a ticket so you can resolve the issue 1 on 1.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. The biggest maybe though is, what if he didnt delete is character knowing he had access to only 1 ticket, maybe he could keep on playing.
Blaming the game or the devs for your own mistakes... shame on you.

Bandido
True Believer

Post by Bandido » 23 Nov 2017, 17:54

I am just surprised you received a response from support. Friend has ticket since Friday with no response. I do see them being sarcastic in these forums and steam forums. Even seen a few post here get deleted.

Amoksepp

Post by Amoksepp » 23 Nov 2017, 17:58

Arrakis wrote:
Brunomb51 wrote:I did not get any sort of warning when I was about to delete the character, that is the worst part....I feel betrayed by this game company and I know that many others are feeling the same way I do.....

There are TWO popups that appear when you're trying to delete the character, both informing of the consequences of deleting the character that used the ticket to Abella.

This warning appears when you click on the cross with intent of deleting the character:

deletingcharacterwarning1.png

After typing character name and clicking Ok, a second warning appears where you have to confirm that you are really sure about doing this:

deletingcharacterwarning2.png

Only then your character is deleted, so there's no chance that you missed those warnings.

If this ist true i m sorry. The ticket system overall is a good idea to prevent trolls and misbehaviour

Craig_acord

Post by Craig_acord » 15 Dec 2017, 15:28

Is this still the way things work currently? If I want to delete a character and start over, I have to buy the game again???

I can understand one slot per account, but 1 slot per game purchase? My entire account becomes worthless if I delete the character??? Sounds legit. :ROFL:

Craig_acord

Post by Craig_acord » 15 Dec 2017, 15:45

I just tested and can confirm, if you have a character that is on Abella, and you decide you want to delete that character and start over, instead of starting on Abella, you start on newbie island and you are required to purchase the account again. :ROFL:

If you guys think this is going to fly with a wide population of players, you're delusional. This is already a niche game, and you're making it even more niche.

Foolish of me to pay $30 before knowing this I guess.

Mrkuja

Post by Mrkuja » 15 Dec 2017, 17:05

I see a lot of people complaining about this but it makes perfect sense, if you could just delete your character and start over, what's stopping people from going crazy killing/griefing and once they've ruined their character simply starting over? The whole point of LiF is that you play a risky game being a pvper, in the sense that if you die, you're going to suffer a heavy skill loss (insurance dependant), pretty sure it was implement to reduce kill on sight, as people need to actually care for their character unless they're willing to buy new characters.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 15 Dec 2017, 17:32

Mrkuja wrote:I see a lot of people complaining about this but it makes perfect sense, if you could just delete your character and start over, what's stopping people from going crazy killing/griefing and once they've ruined their character simply starting over? The whole point of LiF is that you play a risky game being a pvper, in the sense that if you die, you're going to suffer a heavy skill loss (insurance dependant), pretty sure it was implement to reduce kill on sight, as people need to actually care for their character unless they're willing to buy new characters.

Exactly . As much as I dislike this system , if you allow a free reroll system with this alignment system , every time you go murderer then griefetz and veterans alike can delete and recreate after every 10 murders (or when it makes sense for them to do so) essentially making their alignment system null and void. I’m all for a better alignment system that isn’t tied in with a ticket system like this, but it seems a little too late .

Craig_acord

Post by Craig_acord » 15 Dec 2017, 18:02

There is already a pretty severe penalty in place for murdering other players...

If the issue is rerolling to escape the penalties for murder, then make then carry over to some extent. I decided I didn't like the look, name , starting stats, skills of my character, so I have to pay $10 to start over???

Absurd. That's going to have to change if this game is gonna be successful. Along with the one afternoon starvation thing. :D

Khonco50

Post by Khonco50 » 16 Dec 2017, 01:51

Hutoro wrote:Or perhaps OP should read warning messages. Instead of just clicking through them. Also the map is massive he could have moved to a different area and still kept his last name. If he was playing solo.

Solo in this game? Kek good lucky getting raided, killed none stop

Skuf
Devoted Believer

Post by Skuf » 16 Dec 2017, 08:08

So, basically what I'm reading is that OP, and others like him, are not very intelligent, ignore the warning messages they are given, and then cry when the exact thing the messages warn you about happens.

Yeah, people like you are literally what is wrong with the world today.
Instead of crying learn to terraform to deter raiders.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 16 Dec 2017, 12:53

Brunomb51 wrote: After getting knocked out and being "banished" from those lands I decided to delete this character and create another one with a better last name (I assumed that YO owners had the right to one character slot) but then I was missing a ticket......

In the end, I emailed the LIF team and they said that it was my problem and that if I wanted to play again I would have to buy another ticket..... :fool:

This warning appears when you click on the cross with intent of deleting the character, where you actually have to type full character name first:

Only then your character is deleted, so there's no chance that you missed those warnings. If you ignored them, then I'm sorry, but that's on you. You can't blame anyone but yourself at this point.

Return to General Discussion