Early play feedback

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Aethelrick

Early play feedback

Post by Aethelrick » 26 Sep 2014, 19:36

Greetings medieval overlords,

I'm loving the game, loving the ideas behind it, I think this is going to be awesome when it is finished and I'm very excited to be involved early.

I have a short list of comments and suggestions you may find useful...

1. Recycling
I'd love to be able to destroy the things I've built, once finished I would have liked to have pulled my shack down and recycled the materials. This would be inkeeping with actual building practices of old, people always scavenged materials from existing structures before making new ones.

2. Mouse & Keyboard
I find the toggle between movement/command mode with the TAB key quite jarring and disruptive. It's not intuitive to a seasoned gamer, better use of right-clicking for context sensitive interactions with the world and left clicking to select would be appreciated and more intuitive.

3. Popup windows
The popup dialogs should be sent to the chat window by default, or at least be text only with no window decorations. You're doomed to fail in your first combat as the middle of your vision is overlaid by window after window that has to be dismissed after clicking a tiny check-box all while a wolf is eating your nuts.

4. Chat
The chat tabs should either be separate windows for system and chat by default or the notifications (see 3 above) should be sent to chat in a different colour so that you don't have to page between one or the other. I figured out that I can tear off the system tab and put it by itself, and therefore see both at once, it would be a good first step to make this a default configuration.

5. Crafting data
It would be good to know what is required to be able to craft something in terms of the various skill levels. I'm not sure I would have figured out how to level my construction capabilities enough to build a shack without watching another players youtube video. I was focussed on doing things with wood (to build my wooden structure), and totally didn't realise that shaping stones repeatedly was the route to success. Some sort of skill tree to indicate where to focus your effort in order to unlock new construction options would be awesome!

Awesome work so far, keep it up!

See you in-game :)

Return to Feedback Section