Failing at setting up a server

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Xaradt
True Believer

Failing at setting up a server

Post by Xaradt » 23 Nov 2015, 16:13

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a server for my family to use on our network at home. I've followed this guide..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wSj1BmtURY.

So far we have managed to get the server to run fine, right up until the PC running it had to be rebooted. Since then the MYSQL database service refuses to start.

We tried a different PC, built with windows 7 from scratch, and get the same issue.

We have followed the instal video to the letter, checked and double checked everything but the service refuses to start up again after a reboot. I'm no Windows 7 expert, but it's obvious I'm missing something, possibly to do with permissions or such.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks :)

Xara.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Re: Failing at setting up a server

Post by HolyCrusader » 23 Nov 2015, 17:20

Xaradt wrote:Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a server for my family to use on our network at home. I've followed this guide..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wSj1BmtURY.

So far we have managed to get the server to run fine, right up until the PC running it had to be rebooted. Since then the MYSQL database service refuses to start.

We tried a different PC, built with windows 7 from scratch, and get the same issue.

We have followed the instal video to the letter, checked and double checked everything but the service refuses to start up again after a reboot. I'm no Windows 7 expert, but it's obvious I'm missing something, possibly to do with permissions or such.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks :)

Xara.

Is there a logs folder in your installation you can share

I suggest checking the lif_# and making sure it matches up to your world_#.xml file in the config folder and making sure the target line in your shortcut to startup your server has the right syntax (-world #)

Xaradt
True Believer

Post by Xaradt » 23 Nov 2015, 17:25

I'll check thanks, but if either of those were the cause, surely it would have failed the first time I ran the server and not waited until a reboot?

It's the whole reboot thing that is confusing me, if it had failed from the very start I'd have assumed an error in my config, but the very fact that it ran once, let us connect and play, but then failed after the server PC was rebooted makes me think it's something else.

I'll look for a log file like you suggest, and post it if/when I find it :)

Cheers.

EDIT

Checked the settings, they all match, the MYSQL server won't start up from the services panel, just gives error "Windows could not start the MySQL service on Local Computer Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly"
Last edited by Xaradt on 23 Nov 2015, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

HolyCrusader
Beta Tester

Post by HolyCrusader » 23 Nov 2015, 17:29

Xaradt wrote:I'll check thanks, but if either of those were the cause, surely it would have failed the first time I ran the server and not waited until a reboot?

It's the whole reboot thing that is confusing me, if it had failed from the very start I'd have assumed an error in my config, but the very fact that it ran once, let us connect and play, but then failed after the server PC was rebooted makes me think it's something else.

I'll look for a log file like you suggest, and post it if/when I find it :)

Cheers.

In my experience sometimes when you install the server the first time and run it, if you have a world_4.xml file and (make sure you go in the file and edit the worldID line) you start up the server with the -world 4 parameter, it will sometimes still create world_1.xml and create a lif_1 database and run off that.

Its strange.

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 23 Nov 2015, 23:37

Go into your database directory, and move the LiF database out and try to start SQL.

If it doesn't start then, get me the error you are receiving in your logs.

I'm a Linux administrator, so I might be able to help with the issue.

HydroxTV
Beta Tester

Post by HydroxTV » 24 Nov 2015, 16:06

Better use mine. that guy has NO clue of IT. I might talk a little more and explain it deeper, but 100% positive feedback yet :) If you follow every step like I tell you, it will work 100% :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... GsuBN5ZdWx

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 24 Nov 2015, 17:54

Aye, follow Hydrox's way.

I followed it, pretty straightforward, and got it working the first time.

Think the only deviation I had to do was to install C++ 2013 for Windows 2008R2.

Return to Newcomer Section