Farming Changed?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Willbonney
True Believer

Farming Changed?

Post by Willbonney » 16 Nov 2014, 20:45

Howdy Folks,

Over the past couple weeks I've been doing quite a bit of testing trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my farming. I had followed other's advice and only planted and harvested on sunny/clear days and used 80+quality soil and fertile soil in my farming. I also believed the many different players telling me that soil type had no effect quantity harvested, that was all weather. Even with all the reading I had done, no matter what I tried or did, I could never get a "good" harvest of more than 3 plants/stems/hay harvested per cell.

Something else changed with this patch, as now twice I have gotten significantly higher harvest rates, 4/8/12 bunches on Fertile Soil, and 4/6 Harvests on plain Soil, all 90+quality.

I don't know if ya'll changed something, or maybe the update to the server which I play on had something broke that got fixed, whatever it is/was, I thank you quite a bit.

This was done with 2 full fields of 10x5 cells, so 50 Fertile Soil, and 50 plain Soil. I did two rows of carrots/peas/onions and 3 rows of flax per field. No matter plant type, with the fertile 90+ I was seeing 4/8/12 harvest bunches. With the plain Soil that was 90+ quality, 4/6 bunches was all I was able to get.

I am fairly certain in saying that Soil type, Fertile or Non, definitely has an effect on harvest quantities now.

Tymefor

Re: Farming Changed?

Post by Tymefor » 16 Nov 2014, 22:14

yeah results are all over the place after last patch. I'm guessing the changes to the midnight growth tick has changed a lot more than just tree spawns smashing servers with lag. Ive had a sneaking suspicion that that was what has been causing a lot of the differences in results of accelerated tests vs in-game tests. So I planted a 10x10 patch of q100 everything on an accelerated server and watched the growth stages around midnight. And theres crazy shit going on, some tiles got the growth tick some didn't till about 30-40 mins later. Ready to harvest occured as much as 1 hour different from planting time on some tiles. (planting was in gm mode so I was super fast planting it and tried my best to make sure I was planting in between a growth tick).

So I think im done with testing farming for the moment. Ill wait till we see a patch notes more focused on farming till I do more tests as im pretty sure the "intended" influences aren't properly working or are undertuned. And that there are probably a lot of unintended things affecting them atm as well.

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: Farming Changed?

Post by Willbonney » 16 Nov 2014, 22:37

In total agreement, farming tests for me personally are currently on hold. There's some whacky stuff going on.

Return to General Discussion