Farming/Husbandry Relationship

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Aingeal

Farming/Husbandry Relationship

Post by Aingeal » 13 Dec 2014, 23:38

I'm concerned about the relation ship between husbandry and farming within the game. Now I could be off (currently running experiments) but normal farming would go as follows;

Plow soil
Fertilize soil (if not already fertile)
Plant/grow/harvest
Repeat

However to get fertilizer you must include husbandry as the fertilizer comes from coops, barns, and stables containing animals. Animals that must feed on a regular basis to stay alive.

Which brings me to the question.

Is it properly balanced? Can I grow enough to replant the field, sustain myself, and sustain enough livestock so that I get back enough fertilizer to fertilize the field after harvest?

From what I can tell, soil can be reused even without fertilizing it. I don't know (yet) what affect this will have on crop quality. I also don't know (yet) what affect food quality has on livestock quality that feed on it and reproduce. So it may be possible to have a "feed field" that reuses the soil without fertilizer and still get 100 quality animals to produce 100 quality.

Orsus

Re: Farming/Husbandry Relationship

Post by Orsus » 14 Dec 2014, 18:48

Yes a farmer can grow a larger enough amount of crops to feed himself and his livestock.

The quality of dung is based off of the animal quality. Which is increased over the animals life time, based off of the quality of the food. Best bet is to build 2-4 coops. Load them up with chickens and hares, then add as high a quality food as you can find, I recommend apples for this as you can plant multiple high quality trees behind the coops and have more than enough to feed them.

It is best to fertilise the crops and then plant them, you receive higher quality and a larger amount harvested; however, you can go without the fertiliser for planting you have to dig up the used soil and put it someplace and replant on fertile soil for best results.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Newcomer Section