Feedback on tanning tub/drying rack bug

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

EternalFarmer

Feedback on tanning tub/drying rack bug

Post by EternalFarmer » 03 Apr 2015, 21:30

In the latest patch notes, you stated that you wanted info on the so-called "tanning tub bug". I have some observations that might (or might not) be of interest to you.

I have used tanning tubs and drying racks A LOT without the bug appearing. But then I placed like 7 tanning tubs and 7 drying racks very Close together. But still, tanning tubs and drying racks seemed to be working properly. Soon thereafter, though, game started lagging real slowly and badly, so I quit game. Tried to restart it, but couldn't. Steam sent me an error Message telling me to delete the "appcache" folder and restart computer, which I did. Then, all my drying racks and tanning tubs were bugged (couldn't interact with them at all). The graphic showing that it was something inside tub/rack was missing, so they all looked empty, and I could no longer put anything in nor take anything out of them.

I quit game and restarted a couple of times that day, but they were still bugged.

Then, I Guessed that the deleting of the appcache folder could have something to do with it. So I went into the Windows Garbage bin, and re-installed all files from the deleted appcache folder back. Then - voila! - all my drying racks and tanning tubs were functioning normal again, Graphics were showing that it was something inside them, and I could once again take the finished stuff out of them, and put New stuff inside. After this, they have been working properly for many days (and LOTS of procuring work).

I don't know if this is of any help to you, but I wanted to report it if it can be of any help. If it's helpful, I hope you can consider my ideas for adding climate zones, thirst/body temperature, Message Boards and NPC strongholds to the game in later updates - see my posts in the suggestions/ideas area.

Thank you for a phenomenal game, and keep up the great work!

Return to Feedback Section