fellow lif:yo players, would you consider/play on a 32 slot

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Wolfhelm

fellow lif:yo players, would you consider/play on a 32 slot

Post by Wolfhelm » 19 Oct 2014, 18:01

i am looking to rent myself a server, (untill linex support), and am looking at a 32 slot, but i was wondering if that is to small, seeing when i ran my minecraft server, 30 players was lucky, now idk if that would be small.

(.y.i whenever im on, servers have about 20-30 on at once, rarley see more than 30)

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Ajaxx84
Alpha Tester

Re: fellow lif:yo players, would you consider/play on a 32 s

Post by Ajaxx84 » 20 Oct 2014, 06:10

I don't see any reason why some people wouldn't. Personally I won't be because I already host a well populated server. I would say your population level should be decided based on what you plan on doing with the server. Are you playing with a small group of friends and want room for random to hop on? Are you playing to test things and plan on frequently wiping the server? Are you playing to grow a community, it start one?

Then I suppose my next question would be why do you want to start a server when there are hundreds of them with little to no population already. And as you pointed out some with a solid 30+ population. Being such a community based game (if you are playing on a server even remotely resembling the mmo settings) playing with people is better then being alone on a low pop server.

Mortimer

Re: fellow lif:yo players, would you consider/play on a 32 s

Post by Mortimer » 20 Oct 2014, 08:02

No, its too small for me. I would consider playing on a 128 player cap server if that was a possibility though.

Return to General Discussion