First Weapons and Armors of LIF Screenshot

A place for alpha & beta testers to show off their screenshots, videos and streams from the Closed Beta
Carlossg
Alpha Tester

First Weapons and Armors of LIF Screenshot

Post by Carlossg » 30 May 2014, 20:05

:D

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Re: First Weapons and Armors of LIF Screenshot

Post by SirWinston » 30 May 2014, 21:04

Can you show us how they look once worn by a character?
Spoiler

Carlossg
Alpha Tester

Post by Carlossg » 30 May 2014, 21:11

i cant, i need report this to bobik, basic metal weapons need 30 of skill to equip, and for this need train first with wooden weapons(i think or if not this is a bug), and for this need a dummie and need rope, for rope need clothing skill i think or something... and there are not animals xDDD.

For armor need 30 in the previous skill.

We need rope for continue and leather for weapons swords.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 30 May 2014, 22:17

How did you successfully gain forging skillpoints ? Both me and one of my mate had the same problem that we couldn't get past 29.99 smelting skill by smelting iron, even when we set ALL of the other skills to lower if needed. Do you need like 60 mining skill ???

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 31 May 2014, 00:00

Hoshiqua wrote:How did you successfully gain forging skillpoints ? Both me and one of my mate had the same problem that we couldn't get past 29.99 smelting skill by smelting iron, even when we set ALL of the other skills to lower if needed. Do you need like 60 mining skill ???

You need 60lvl at previous skill to be able to get pass lvl 29 in next one ;) So if you want to get lvl 30+ in smelting you need mining at 60.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 31 May 2014, 08:22

I don't get why the devs make it so hard to test that stuff. Are we supposed to figure out every single bit ourselves?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 31 May 2014, 09:45

Siegbert wrote:I don't get why the devs make it so hard to test that stuff. Are we supposed to figure out every single bit ourselves?

What is so hard here excactly? Exp multipier has been set really nicely so you could level up very fast and unlock skills you want. What else do you expect? Yes you are supposed to figure it all out by yourselves.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 31 May 2014, 10:33

Not talking about skill learning necessarily, but as of now only a couple of people even managed to smelt metal and forge weapons whereas as a tester we should have been given different tools, cloths, weapons to play around with (test!) in the first place.

Aren't we supposed to test every aspect of the game? Why make it so hard then? Right now I'm still butt naked equipped with a few tools, apples and no real clue what to do next.

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 31 May 2014, 10:42

Wouldnt be much of a test if we were handed everything on a silver platter...... we are meant to play the game the way everyone else is going to play it so that we can unearth every bug and the only way to do that is go through the game like you are meant to.

There are lots of things to do.....

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 31 May 2014, 10:54

Touchmee wrote:Wouldnt be much of a test if we were handed everything on a silver platter...... we are meant to play the game the way everyone else is going to play it so that we can unearth every bug and the only way to do that is go through the game like you are meant to.

This :good:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 31 May 2014, 11:37

Touchmee wrote:Wouldnt be much of a test if we were handed everything on a silver platter...... we are meant to play the game the way everyone else is going to play it so that we can unearth every bug and the only way to do that is go through the game like you are meant to.

Certainly. Both needed to be the case, imho. People wouldn't be discouraged to test forging by being given a simple sword once in the long run. But when melee combat will be fully introduced we need to have some weapons to test and not spend several days on figuring out how to create them first.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 10 Jun 2014, 05:22

How did you make the handles ? We need handles !!! D:

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 10 Jun 2014, 08:18

There was a bug with handles in the last test run. It is fixed and you should be able to craft them using knives.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 11 Jun 2014, 19:53

Part of the game is the discovery. We have to test everything from the ground up so we can find ze bugs but yea it's intended to be played like that.

Anthal

Post by Anthal » 14 Jul 2014, 13:46

Siegbert wrote:I don't get why the devs make it so hard to test that stuff. Are we supposed to figure out every single bit ourselves?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, this. makes me sad for the gameworld. :O:

Return to Beta Leaks