Flux and its uses

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Nexus6

Flux and its uses

Post by Nexus6 » 26 Sep 2014, 16:18

I put this in the feedback section but feel it would be better placed here as well.

I think flux should be able to be made from multiple sources outside of herbalism. Since flux can be coal.

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_(metallurgy))

Also, flux in mortar confused me, as mortar, if you ask me, should be a set of simple materials (Such as combination of Sand+Clay+ water)

"The first mortars were made of mud and clay. Because of a lack of stone and an abundance of clay, Babylonian constructions were of baked brick, using lime or pitch for mortar."

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortar_(masonry))

I am hoping they refine this process and use flux appropriately in the future as doing it through herbalism does not really make sense in the above contexts.

Llandy

Re: Flux and its uses

Post by Llandy » 26 Sep 2014, 23:43

Impressed by the research well done, its because of that, that i agree with what your saying :-)

TristramGreen

Post by TristramGreen » 27 Sep 2014, 17:32

I was confused with the flux in mortar as well. I also wondered why there wasn't any coal to use to make steel and why not only use flux to make special metals instead of steel. It just complicated things and made alchemists overpowered when it came to their influence over other skill trees.

Lex

Post by Lex » 29 Sep 2014, 11:34

Agree. I also feel that the amount of flux to be used to make steel as well as for the locks, is excessive. At least if placed in relation to the actual capacity to be harvested. At the present time should be half, from my point of view. I understand that giving the possibility to cultivate medical plants will unbalance the difficulty level. I still hope that a new device is added only to create flux. That the collection and the creation is to be assigned to another class (for example, builders or miners) and which is introduced a large distiller with which the healer / herbalist can produce beer.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas